sleeve spun inside the jug

well, i found out that vito's tors kit suck, the nut held idle screw fell out first ride, now their cranks and cylinders seem to be bunk, serious casting flaws, reports of overheating, plus hard to find pistons for ???
someone explain to me wtf they are good for anymore ???? oh wait, they have oil blockoff kits for newbies, who cant fab one for under a dollar
anyone want any free vito's decals i've had layin around, pm me, you'll never find any of that garbage on my bike

well, i found out that vito's tors kit suck, the nut held idle screw fell out first ride, now their cranks and cylinders seem to be bunk, serious casting flaws, reports of overheating, plus hard to find pistons for ???
someone explain to me wtf they are good for anymore ???? oh wait, they have oil blockoff kits for newbies, who cant fab one for under a dollar
anyone want any free vito's decals i've had layin around, pm me, you'll never find any of that garbage on my bike

i hear ya man i have a few sitting around i have refused to put on also lol

i was just looking at a 'shee today with a big ass vito's sticker on the nose......

the cylinder i just sold looked a lot better to begin with than that one

wow ,that is wild .as mentioned there are several ways to salvage it but none is easy and bullet proof ,all ican assume is they must not have had the proper fit from the sleeve ot the bore relationship and over time the pressure and use shook it loose and it spun in the casting ,i can honestly say ive never seen that before ,really sucks big time.if its any consolation the ct/lasleeve big bore has a thicker sleeve and is heavier duty than the vitos kit
jeez i was hoping someone has seen this before lol....ill be talking with ya real soon brotha
wow freek sorry to see that crap X( but on the plus side im beyond excited to see a FLOTEK ported LA sleeve!!!!! giggidy frickin giggidy lol I:I I:I I:I
yea man its time to bury the vitos in the back yard and welcome the ported la sleeve kit lol....whoo hoo
evrything they sell is junk anymore...im gonna start the anti- vitos revolution lol
i hear ya man i have a few sitting around i have refused to put on also lol
ill send ya a few more bro, i couldnt even get my dog to eat them lol

I had to order some stuff today so I asked a few questions. The cylinder is cast around the sleeve. No machine work involved. The sleeve is also straight on the sides. No ribs like OEM stuff.

The cylinder is cast around the sleeve. No machine work involved.

Oh, really...LOL....woulda kinda figured all the builders grinding on these things woulda noticed that :)

006-1.jpg

Poor casting, poor quality control, poor biz practices = Vitos

Last edited:
Like I said before, two "dutchmen" installed between the sleeve and the cylinder will stop this from happening again. I've never had one spin but the first sleeve I did dropped. My fault, my bike and a lesson learned. It happened on a KTM 250 MX. I still do a fair amount of sleeves and will start pinning them just to be on the safe side.

I believe the dutchman will keep the sleeve from rotating but my concern is that when the sleeve separates from the casting, the heat transfer from iron sleeve to aluminum jug is disrupted at precisely the time you need it most. Probably wrong, just wonderin.