sleeve spun inside the jug

Jan 27, 2008
north nj
well had to tear into the blasty since i thought i had a stuck ring, and well well.... i was right, and upon further inspection i noticed that the sleeve had moved an 1/8 inch to the left, WTF do i do now....has anybody seen this before?? ......awks trip isnt looking so good right now! been a pretty bad day so far!

heres the vitos junk for ya
ass2.jpg

ass1.jpg

i

guess this means a CT kit now....im done with vitos!

well had to tear into the blasty since i thought i had a stuck ring, and well well.... i was right, and upon further inspection i noticed that the sleeve had moved an 1/8 inch to the left, WTF do i do now....has anybody seen this before?? ......awks trip isnt looking so good right now! been a pretty bad day so far!

heres the vitos junk for ya
ass2.jpg

ass1.jpg

i

guess this means a CT kit now....im done with vitos!

dont u mean la sleeve kit???:p

Where you having heat problems with that build? That's extreme, like at some point the sleeve was floating in the jug ..... ya would think just the pressure from the head through the gasket would not let it rotate..wierd!

That just sucks..burp..so does vitos!

If you can't sell her on the CT kit, you could get a vito's re-sleeve and have it cut into that one. A good machinist could fit the new one tighter than the old one.

Didn't that jug have some major casting flaws to start with? Like maybe cast to cold & didn't bond to the sleeve.

Vito's...phsssst!

Where you having heat problems with that build? That's extreme, like at some point the sleeve was floating in the jug ..... ya would think just the pressure from the head through the gasket would not let it rotate..wierd!

That just sucks..burp..so does vitos!

it didnt have any issues at busco and it was 110 there lol, i was rich becuase of the fat needle i had in there and i had to drop my pilot too....this happened when batt and i when out a few weeks ago and it was not that hot at all we dont really ride that hard around here, but we stopped after about 10 minutes and i couldnt get it started....had 0 compression so i figured the rings crapped out..so we pushed to a hill on the trail and i managed to pop start it just to get it home, that was it

Totally screwed Freek. That should never have happened if there was a proper interference fit. Vito's should at least replace it for free. Then you could sell it and get the LA Sleeve cylinder!

Yeah, bad442, gotta love the 250R reed cage.

the crappy part is i got it a yr ago from a guy on ebay, not vitos, but it was brand new when i got it...i guess im just assed out on it

That sucks, i have seen a sleeve raise on my buds vintage trials ty175 with a 200 bb kit. You can heat the jug up with a torch and move the sleeve, we used a temp gun to keep track of the jugs tamp, but i dont remember the temp it took to move the sleeve.....