shift rod bent and leak oil bad

bagged2drag88

Aug 26, 2010
benton maine
just trying to get this thing rideable and noticed after doing the top end when running oil is leaking massive out of the seal on shifter rod and noticed its bent can i just heat this and straigten it or do i need to buy whole setup and replace also cant find this damn seal anywhere maybe its called something else or im just being an idiot... anything will help thanks in advance guys you are life savers for the "do it yourselfers"

take shifter off, take clutch basket off, take idler gear off, slide shift shaft out... thats how it is on a banshee, but gives you an idea on how to do it on a blaster, its not hard really just get a cylmers and have at it!

The shift rod is very similiar between banshees and blasters. So the process for installation is about the same. If you need a new clutch, or even think you do, now would be the time to change that too since youre in there.

ok so im now confused the location of the shift rod is the left side of engine and i thought the clutch basket and all is on the right side the stator is the left side when shift rod is am i wrong? cause me taking the right side cover off to get to a left side shift component doesnt make sense to me if i wrong i apologize but help me understand thanks so much!!!

shift rod sticks out the left side because it goes in through the right side.

If youre talking about the little rod that the shifter arm that you kick with your foot to shift the bike attaches to, you it sticks out the left from within the right case.

once you get the clutch basket off you will be able to see where the rod comes through the other side and there is an arm on it. you'll pull it out the right side (carefully since it's bent), pop in a new seal and gently push the new shift rod in from the right side.

Even if your clutch is fine you might want to put new springs on it because often the stock springs will wear out and not hold so well when the clutch plates are fine.