yamaha blaster shift shaft jammed amd wont come out

Gideon

Sep 12, 2019
hey so i have had literally nothing but problems with my yamaha blaster.needed to replace the clutch and clutch basket and my shift shaft splines were worn so i bought a new one so i could replace that as well. i took the clutch basket off and then i started to pull on the shift shaft and it went through a little and now its jammed and wont move at all and i have no idea what to do. im so mad because i have replaced so many parts and spent so much time and money on this thing and i cant even get one day where everything goes right. please help i just want to be able to ride this thing without any problems.

hey so i have had literally nothing but problems with my yamaha blaster.needed to replace the clutch and clutch basket and my shift shaft splines were worn so i bought a new one so i could replace that as well. i took the clutch basket off and then i started to pull on the shift shaft and it went through a little and now its jammed and wont move at all and i have no idea what to do. im so mad because i have replaced so many parts and spent so much time and money on this thing and i cant even get one day where everything goes right. please help i just want to be able to ride this thing without any problems.
It is probably bent. Tap it back in . if you have the new one. I just cut it off close to the seal.without getting the seal to hot.cleanup any Sharp edges where you cut it.and it should come right out..if not tap it out with long Phillips screwdriver or something similar.

ok i tried tapping it back in but it still wont budge even when tapping it back in. ill try again tomorrow and see if i can get it to budge.