Shaving rear plastics

blasterfied

Nov 14, 2013
Coal City, Illinois
I couldnt stand the look of the stock plastic heal guards any longer. So i removed them and pitched them. I also removed the steel heel guard/foot rests. Im bringing them in to work tomorrow and fabbing up some 4" tall heel guards out of tubbing for safety and looks. Ill be getting nurf bars soon, so i dont wont to change it up too much.

I stood back and noticed how the rear plastics look, looks like i need to trim them up a little. I was searching for some pics of Blasters with shaved rear plactics, couldnt find much. I would like to see a end result before i start cutting away. If anyone has a good pics, could you send it my way please? Id appreciate it.

What king of nerfs are you getting? The only ones with built in heel guards (i know of) are the XFR ones that are like $250

I have two different cuts from mine.

This is my current, and im liking it this way

This is how they were when i got it, looks okay, but not my style

Also suggest cutting fronts if you cut like the first one i posted

Also theres a unique look to none :D

I seen the brush guards with the heel guards. Too much $$$. Im getting either the DG or Tusk alloy. I like the way the fenders look in the 2nd pic. I will go with that thanks.

Im working on the mods to my stock heel guards, looks good so far, just waiting to put them on.

Something I cannot understand is why anyone would want to cut up the plastics ?
If you seriously ride they can only help protect you from flying debris and mud. The less crap hitting you or on your body only extends your stamina and riding experience.
Since I have a extended rear axle I recently added fender flares because the mud was hitting the back of my arms . To each his own...

I love cutting plastics. I would rather the bike look different than everybody else's. I fully intend to get muddy when I ride. Once you get extended a arms and wider axles they don't do anything anyway.

there are those who like to look fast with cut plastics :D
and those of us who don't want anyone guessing......... they just got smoked by a blaster I:I

AWK, agreed, That's like the sewing machine Honda's that ride through my neighborhood, a loud muffler, fog lights, spoiler and a fancy paint job doesn't make it a race car !

I should have titled this as "trimming rear plastics", because thats basically all i did. I made them even after removing the plastic heel guards. I didnt drastically modify them.

You wouldnt go out in public with uneven sideburns would you? :)
Ok...say if you did have sideburns for those of you.

I made them even after removing the plastic heel guards. I didnt drastically modify them.

You wouldnt go out in public with uneven sideburns would you? :)

now i understand and approve I:I
i left the kicker side heelgaurd on and cut it even with the bottom of the little fender "tail", to fill in.
they're still uneven, but who can see that at 50+ mph thru the woods :D

damn google can find anything,
they actually make a gauge for trimming
sideburns even :eek:....

sideburn.jpg

now i understand and approve I:I
i left the kicker side heelgaurd on and cut it even with the bottom of the little fender "tail", to fill in.
they're still uneven, but who can see that at 50+ mph thru the woods :D

damn google can find anything,
they actually make a gauge for trimming
sideburns
even :eek:....

sideburn.jpg

Blind man would be glad to see it, a man on a galloping horse would not notice.

Sideburn gauge not worth the packaging it comes in, the human face is unsymmetrical and the ears are usually at a different level.