Running Problem - Carb/Air Filter

SU420

Jul 24, 2010
Stroudsburg
Ok so heres the story
2 days ago:
My quad ran but it could only do 1/3 throttle then the gas would stop going through causing my quad to bog out.

Today:
My quad ran same.....1/3 Throttle i wanted to do a small cruise at very local spot but it broke down at top of a hill and wouldnt start....tryed choke...let sit n tryed with fuel off cause possible flooded. Anyway i was in neutral rolled down hill into first n pop started it going into 2nd, but end of hill rolled then stoped cause now i couldnt give it any throttle .....same like when i went past 1/3 throttle.

Brainstorm:
i think i need a new plug....let carb sit in sea foam......and clean air filter
Questions: Where can i get sea foam n which type to use?
Is my air filter a pod clamp on? im 99% sure it is

half pic of carb n air filter:
24m6nhj.jpg

Last edited:
good lord, you're telling me you don't know what the problem is?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

that filter needs cleaned BAD. this will fix all of your problems, clean it and then oil it with real oil filter oil

good lord, you're telling me you don't know what the problem is?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

that filter needs cleaned BAD. this will fix all of your problems, clean it and then oil it with real oil filter oil

Could have said i was right....lollll i bolded and underlined it so it sticks out...

I was just making sure that was it LOL

You have an Outerwears prefilter over whatever kind of pod is underneath. Wash that prefilter in water with soap after every ride, it doeen't need oil. (OMG, I've never seen dirt caked on one like that before)

As for the main filter, take it off and see if it is foam or a pleated K&N. They have slightly different cleaning routines and use different kinds of oil. Clean it when ever it gets dirty. The pre-filter will keep alot of stuff off, so the time between cleanings will vary.

I would wash the whole quad before taking off that filter, especially the carb area. You don't want any of that gunk falling into the carb throat.

i been thinkin bout upgrading my carb from the stock 26mm...but dont kno which one i want yet or which one might help out on the set up i have....toomey b1 310 main and vitos 240 just lookin for some tips on wat i should convert to thanks!

i been thinkin bout upgrading my carb from the stock 26mm...but dont kno which one i want yet or which one might help out on the set up i have....toomey b1 310 main and vitos 240 just lookin for some tips on wat i should convert to thanks!

here is a tip.. MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD!! lol I:I I:I