Rebuild of the blastersaurus

Got the motor in today. Mounted the airbox with the 38mm pwk I:I It's starting to look like a bike now. I will get some pics later. The wife made me come in for dinner.

Made a mount for the airbox cause his frame didn't have the tab.

38mm carb I:II:II:I. I still have to trim the boot a little more, but it's in there. Should be fun with a twist throttle:D

Sneak peek at Woody's bike

Fabbed some brackets for the rear brakes

Will have the same plastics as mine, but white. Decal kit will be in soon. 250r shock has been rebuilt and valved/sprung for his weight. Shock should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Ken should be starting on the motor this week.

Everything looks really good!! Why not get a trail tech on it? Has tack and speed and all.

Love the pile of bolts you got there lol.

Everything looks really good!! Why not get a trail tech on it? Has tack and speed and all.

Love the pile of bolts you got there lol.

That guage came with the bike. I don't think trail techs have an exhaust temp guage either, could be wrong though. I have a 2 gallon bucket of blaster and banshee bolts and I use them all the time.

Would be nice to have that many bolts on hand...

Whats you plan with the bar risers? We have come to the conclusion that my bars are for a bike, way too low even with the extra inch the fat bar holder has.

I have dirtbike bars too. My steering stem is an extended anti vibe so the risers put the bars to high. I will probably throw. Them on money pit's bike.

so was the point of elongating the front end to enhance the suspension to a super long travel or something?

so was the point of elongating the front end to enhance the suspension to a super long travel or something?

These bikes used to race in the enduros and other long offroad races without a pointed out smooth track.

The angle of he front end makes it easier to suck up bumps making a smoother ride without losing any performance.

And yes, the shocks on there are long travel. Very long... ;)

At least thats how i see it

They were made to mimic TRX 250r geometry. The reason for this is because the 250R has always been known to handle extremely well. The front shocks on this bike are 21" eye to eye. I can't wait to see how it handles I:I

Stock front shocks on blasters are 16 or 16.5

So this will be a larger travel, and probably softer/better ride because of the quality of the shocks