port and polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know if angus talked to brocco about what pipe he's running, but i'd be surprised if he didn't. angus talked to me for a good length and got lotsa info before cutting up my cylinder and head. his communication at the beginning was a little slow, because he has a lot of projects goin at all times, but he made sure he was tuning my engine correctly.
as for angus' work on a trail test....i haven't had a chance to get out for a solid ride yet, but i did take my bike down the trail and back real quick after installing the shearer w/ angus' custom port/head design to match the shearer pipe, and there is an UNdeniable difference in bottom end torque. like a huge gain in the bottom end! even my buddy who's about 280lbs could tell the difference.
say what you will about dyno tests and their credibility, but i can tell you straight up that that shearer pipe w/ the right port/head design rips sh*t up!
also, angus started postin up dyno charts on the different pipes before he started selling pipes. just as info to try and help people out. he also has put up posts on a lot of other topics too, just to be helpful. i think he's a pretty trustworthy guy. so i gotta doubt that the thing w/ the spark plug threads was really what brocco says it was......

ive only read 3/4 of this very,very long thread,
but has mrbrocco commented at all on the outcome from this port job ?...at first after seeing the pics i was a little in question about how it looked...but after hearing kenedys input and reasoning, and also hearing nothing in return from brocco...lol...I have changed my mind. doesnt really matter how it looks, just how it performs.
and i really would like to know how this engine ran after the install..also , why would he just take it to someone to have "work corrected" before he even threw it together to see what it was gonna do/ or be needing????
i think its kinda lame to cut someones work down and then never give any reasons for his way of thinking.
at the begining of this thread i made a comment about how bad i "thought " kenedys port job looked, and since we have heard no response from the mrbrocco, id like to apoligize to Mr kenedy, because im gonna assume that the cylinder ran like a "raped ape" and broccos to embarassed to admit it !!!

just some random thinking there !!!..lol..

well pittboss says he knows the "whole" story. I really wish someone who knows it would come foward and tell us please. I think we deserve to know. This thread has hurt kennedy's reputation as an engine builder, and i'm sure it can be hurting his business. I, like many others, hope to scrape enough money together to get a port job someday, and I want to get what i'm paying for. Kennedy was who I was leaning toward, but after reading all of this, I am now unsure. I feel that brocco started this thread to warn others about kennedy's work, and is it unfair to us not to tell us how it turned out. So could we please just hear the truth?

The 240 kits that are going for over $500 are the cylinder kits (12port). I could do a resleeved 240 with p&p for less than $500. A little advice to anyone looking for engine work is to contact several builders for quotes, and take a good look at what inclusions the quote has. You may find that the cheapest quote doesn't include what the others do. Go with the builder that you feel the most comfortable with. I for one wouldn't base my purchase of performance work on who has the cheapest price. I would however buy my parts from the one with the cheapest price.

The 240 kits that are going for over $500 are the cylinder kits (12port). I could do a resleeved 240 with p&p for less than $500. A little advice to anyone looking for engine work is to contact several builders for quotes, and take a good look at what inclusions the quote has. You may find that the cheapest quote doesn't include what the others do. Go with the builder that you feel the most comfortable with. I for one wouldn't base my purchase of performance work on who has the cheapest price. I would however buy my parts from the one with the cheapest price.

I really paid 415.00 shipped that's what I meant by under 500.00. So if I have the 240 kit and need the sleeve pressed in and ported what would it cost? Pm me a price. I have 2 more blasters that I might have done in the near future.

Last edited:
wildcard you said you can manipulate a dyno? I dont think you have one, because to my knowledge that cannot be done, anything you tell the dyno would adjust all the data to give real numbers, I have a minimum of 100 dyno runs on my race bikes and don't believe you can manipulate a dyno run at least not a dynojet run which is an industry std. I think you may be referring to the sharpie graph:-D

I would like Wildcard to tell us what pipe or pipes pulls harder then the Blaster Shearer pipe on the bottom end. I am curious to know so I can test it. I have not yet found a pipe that beats the Shearer. I am also curious to know what DynoJet software Wildcard is using? The software I use; you are unable to change the data run by changing the altitude. The altitude factor is for reference only on my WINPEP 7 (windows Performance Evaluation Software) DynoJet software.
I would also like to your opinion on what is Big Power for a blaster. I find is interesting that you need to open the transfer tunnels on a Blaster to make Big Power.
From reading your text book description on a port job; I now know that you do not own a dyno or have much experience testing. The real feel effect can be simulated on a inertia dynamometer if its done correctly.
Yes I knew what pipe MrBrocco is using; I sold it too him.
I would want to know the riding style of the person, before the pipe. The pipe is going to pull the engine out to the tuned length of the pipe. It does not matter if the exhaust is 180 to 200. I would adjust the port timing and other factors to match the riding style and make recommendations on the correct pipe to use.

Thank you Mr. Kennedy, I am a motorcyclist that loves to use a dyno, now I don't own one my buddy does but he assures me that his dyno is what it is, I didn't think you could mess with it. thanks

I will admit my ignorance with small engine dynos, having only worked with large ones, 400 + hp. I will also state that I do not think that anyone here would change the results in their favor.

Dyno results will vary, you can do one run, do it again with different results. Atmospheric conditions play a role in engine performance, and small changes will effect the results. What is the air and fuel temperature?? I have seen this numerous times.

I am not sure how the data from the dyno is saved whether it is only a printed graph or a number stream. Numbers can be changed. In fact SAE has a correction factor for dyno results which take into account the variations in apmospheric conditions and are corrected to a standard set of conditions. If someone wanted to, they can manipulate the results. Where there is a will there is a way, again I do not feel that this has been done here with any of the results presented.

Great response RobJ; as soon as I get a chance I will PM you or call you and talk about different data acquisition systems I am familiar with and am interested in hearing what you have used and like and do not like about them. I have used Dynojet, ADAPT; CASS, and Dynomite software.
Have a good one!

This has gone on to long and is starting to become a choose sides thread, (sad) I was not coming in here to compare anyone to another. I was pointing out a few things that I noticed were severly over looked by everyone. Mrbrocco made a thread and asked an honest question, I feel that as the builder Kennedy should have been the first and possibly the only one to respond, I sat back and watched that Kennedy read the thread sevral times. never said anything until there were sevral remarks made towards his work. And even after that instead of defending his custumer he chose to defend himself and throw his paying custumer under the bus. I can tell you the reason that brocco didnt respond was partly due to the lack of attn his actuall post recieved, Instead of actually reading his post everyone just jumped to defend kennedys work.
I dont care that ppl want you to build there engines, Or that they want flotek or whoever else as long as they are happy with it and feel that they got what they paid for. I have no need or any want to try and take work from anyone. I watched you guys attack brocco for a post anyone of you would have made yourselves if it was your situation.
I feel there is no need to battle about things that only us as builders are going to fully understand, on a forum or thread. All of us builders are not going to agree on everything and that is alright. There wouldnt be much point in making things faster if they were all exactly the same. I simply feel it was wrong the way brocco was treated for being honest and im sure he would have told the whole story but figured it was probably very pointless after the first couple of responces.

This has gone on to long and is starting to become a choose sides thread, (sad) I was not coming in here to compare anyone to another. I was pointing out a few things that I noticed were severly over looked by everyone. Mrbrocco made a thread and asked an honest question, I feel that as the builder Kennedy should have been the first and possibly the only one to respond, I sat back and watched that Kennedy read the thread sevral times. never said anything until there were sevral remarks made towards his work. And even after that instead of defending his custumer he chose to defend himself and throw his paying custumer under the bus. I can tell you the reason that brocco didnt respond was partly due to the lack of attn his actuall post recieved, Instead of actually reading his post everyone just jumped to defend kennedys work.
I dont care that ppl want you to build there engines, Or that they want flotek or whoever else as long as they are happy with it and feel that they got what they paid for. I have no need or any want to try and take work from anyone. I watched you guys attack brocco for a post anyone of you would have made yourselves if it was your situation.
I feel there is no need to battle about things that only us as builders are going to fully understand, on a forum or thread. All of us builders are not going to agree on everything and that is alright. There wouldnt be much point in making things faster if they were all exactly the same. I simply feel it was wrong the way brocco was treated for being honest and im sure he would have told the whole story but figured it was probably very pointless after the first couple of responces.

I agree and noticed the same thing. For anyone that wants a new members perspective, here you go. When I first came on here and started mentioning I was interested in a build job. I had a "few" builders pm'ing me talking alot of sh*t about other builders, to make me pick them (guess buisness is slow for dishonest people). The ONLY ONES that wheren't like lawyers chasing after a ambulance to the scene of the crime where FloTek and WildCard2. Anyone that has spoken to them I'm sure got the same feeling as I did.... They generally care about the work they do and want to make sure the customer is happy. Neither pressured me, and said nothing but good things about each other. And for anyone dumb enough to think WildCard2 is voicing his opion to get a job...... This is the same guy that recommened me going to Flotek in my second pm with him because money was tight and the shipping to him would be more.

Buy the way I decided to go with FloTek and WildCard2 knows this. So I have nothing to gain by sticking up for him here. I'm saying this all to show him the same respect he has shown me and others here!

Reactions: Wildcard2
well pittboss says he knows the "whole" story. I really wish someone who knows it would come foward and tell us please. I think we deserve to know. This thread has hurt kennedy's reputation as an engine builder, and i'm sure it can be hurting his business. I, like many others, hope to scrape enough money together to get a port job someday, and I want to get what i'm paying for. Kennedy was who I was leaning toward, but after reading all of this, I am now unsure. I feel that brocco started this thread to warn others about kennedy's work, and is it unfair to us not to tell us how it turned out. So could we please just hear the truth?

Not my fight as it isn't the fight as most that are posting here. I was asked to keep it between mrbrocco and myself and I'm one to keep my word.

i think this post should be deleted.... its becoming pointless and its a big mess. no disrespect to anyone or any of the builders. its just that sometimes post become like this and then should be discarded.

THE ENTIRE PROBLEM WITH THIS POST IS THAT NO ONE KNOWS HOW THE PORTING ACTUALLY PERFORMED!

i understand that maybe brocco didn't post b/c this became a war, but did anyone ever think that maybe if he would've thrown up something saying how it ran none of this ever would have happened?

the reason so many people defended Angus (kennedy_power) is b/c there are several people on this forum that have talked to him and have had work done by him and consider him to be a friend. i have pm-ed him countless times with questions, i have his email address, and 2 phone numbers to reach him. i know anytime i have a question about a motor i can call him and he will help as much as he can. Only problem is he is a human just like all the rest of us and he has his flaws-he can be very straightforward at times, perhaps not the greatest sales personality.

if brocco only wanted kennedy to respond, he should have called or pm-ed him. if you post up something to the public, we are going to respond, thats what we are all here to do.

i find it irresponsible that brocco never said anything else. i think he could have resolved this, but didn't for his own reasons.

perhaps it ran like a "raped ape" and he didn't have the humility to get on and say so? or maybe it' just not back together yet? who knows? no one, cause he won't respond.

SO THE LESSON HERE IS: IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A POST, BE PREPARED TO FOLLOW UP!

Angus Kennedy gave him a jug because his was cracked that saved him a minimum of $100+ shipping if he would have called Kennedy I am shrew he would of fixed the stripped treads in the head I have not had any work done by him but don't cry about something on here before you even call the builder

he said he was gonna dyno it will he praise Kennedy when it doubles the stock hp @the wheel i don't think so he will say who ever is working on it now did it &if he never ran it for all he or we now the dude hurt it

Status
Not open for further replies.