Plastics painted.

matt75

May 26, 2009
Adams County Ohio
Finally got the motor running and some go fast goods, so i started on the body. Soon as winter hits though its going frame off rebuild. Heres a couple pics of my tank and fenders. I should have the rest done tommorow. The rear plastics suck to prep. These pieces are getting a couple more coats of "clear" tommorow with light wet sand in between coats. The clear really brings out the metallic blue.

Attachments

• CIMG0791.jpg
    CIMG0791.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 308
  • CIMG0792.jpg
    CIMG0792.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Took alot of prep, wanna make sure you sand out the divets and scratches, in my opinion the secret "is the wet sanding", applying several coats and using clear coat. Its all wal mart rattle can but looks great. Hope to have the rear done today, the prep on that is killer cause its big and double sided. Thanks for the compliments. Matt

Rocky--- your right ! I put the plastics on to see what it looked like with the new seat. The rear needs another couple coats of metallic and all the clear coats. The tank and front fenders have 4 coats of metallic and 5 coats of clear with wet sand between coats The hood needs done too. I used the mirror and glaze polish and buffer on the tank.. Its got reflection now.. I got plenty of clear so im gonna see how far i can get the clear with 1000 grit. Heres a couple pics. Its starting to come together.... But damn i need some of them chrome pipes, like an ethiopian needs a Big Mac. Thanks for the compliments.

Attachments

• CIMG0658.jpg
    CIMG0658.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 233
  • CIMG0798.jpg
    CIMG0798.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 239
  • CIMG0804.jpg
    CIMG0804.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 249
  • CIMG0801.jpg
    CIMG0801.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 243
its commin along really good especialy for rattle can. wet sand with some 1500 befor you buff and it should slick up nicely. i guess im so used to building up 10 coats sand then 10 more that how we did mine i got at least 20 coats of clear on it, its damn near bullet proof lol and i have never buffed it

Rocky-- that mfer is sweet!! That is a beast paint job... I wanted to do a little more on mine but maybe later, im kinda on a budget but i had to get rid of that yellow and fast !! haha...