nboldmans 02' rebuild!

nice job. it looks 100xs better than your before pic

how did those rear plastics work out for you?

They worked great! I tried to epoxy the break and it didnt hold under my 150 pounds, but i did the "stitches" under the seat and epoxyed the outer area and its looking pretty good!

Pulled her out into some sunlight today. Only got one pic for you guys!
GOPR0341.jpg

yupp thats me sitting happily on my blaster. It went back into the dark until my stator and flywheel puller arrives. Hopefully that will be tuesday.

Well Got My stator Off yesterday, but had to grind the screws off, but i ordered some new allen head case screws and they shouyld be here either saturday or monday.

Woooohooooo! The blasty is running once again! Fired on the second kick if you.count the kick i did with the switch off. Ill have a running video up late tonight. It needs the carb adjusted, but shes running and running better than before! So stoked!

let it idle for a little bit and pulled the plug to look at the plug and piston today. the plug is covered in two stroke oil so i figured it was good for heat cycles so i ran 1 through it. here is a pic when i pulled it out of the head..(cell phone pic)
2012-06-27184826.jpg

Had an exhaust leak so I needed to fix it today so I did but then found out there's an engine leak somewhere. And got to looking at some pictures during the rebuild that my base gasket sucked in. Gonna leaktest tomorrow to make sure. Its just reving high and taking forever to come back down. Here's some pics through the exhaust port to see the piston
2012-07-16173912.jpg

You can see the major exhaust leak. Flange wasn't sealing properly. Threw some red rtv on there and its doing good. Had to put a new stud since the old was stripped out so that's why its out. Gonna be hard not to ride but I took my kicker off and had ny dad lock it in the gun cabinet in which I don't have a key for.

Gonna be hard not to ride but I took my kicker off and had ny dad lock it in the gun cabinet in which I don't have a key for.

Thats a great idea for a young guy dying to ride. Good to see that you learned to be responsible after putting so much hard work into your build. Great job man its looking really good.

lol, under lock n key!!!
that sucks about the base gasket. did you re torque the cylinder after you cycled it? and what brand of gasket did you get? so i dont get one!!!

Yes I retourqed the head and base back to spec after the 3 heat cycles. I believe it was a wiseco gasket. I'm going to get a couple oem base and intake gaskets.

always stick with getting a factory yamaha base gasket, its made of metal so it dosent suck it, wich is the biggest problem with thise paper or whatever gaskets