opinions?

Aug 8, 2013
missouri
im wanting to to a full top and bottom end rebuild on my blaster this winter. i for sure want to go KOR aggressive trail port with a rechambered head. but i dont know weather i should just get my oem crank rebuild, or go stroker? how are the vitos +3mm cranks.. ive heard of the stuffer blocks flying off? and the +4mm hot rods cranks? also getting the cases trenched isnt a problem.

Reactions: jmerriman17
im wanting to to a full top and bottom end rebuild on my blaster this winter. i for sure want to go KOR aggressive trail port with a rechambered head. but i dont know weather i should just get my oem crank rebuild, or go stroker? how are the vitos +3mm cranks.. ive heard of the stuffer blocks flying off? and the +4mm hot rods cranks? also getting the cases trenched isnt a problem.

If you have the money for the Stroker go for it.

I run the exact same setup with a rebuilt stock stroke crank, and have no complaints. It makes power all across the band, and pulls hard.

Better start getting you forearms in shape to hold on!!!

If you have the money for the Stroker go for it.

I run the exact same setup with a rebuilt stock stroke crank, and have no complaints. It makes power all across the band, and pulls hard.

Better start getting you forearms in shape to hold on!!!
i already have a ported motor in my blaster but it aint pretty lol id call it a aggressive hillbilly port job.

do you actually see a good gain from running a stroker crank over stock?

To be honest its negligible. I would say go with the vitos because they are about the same and don't require much trenching if any. I don't like the blue stuffer on the vitos though. HOTRODS is my particular favorite

Reactions: 79 bronco
I'd go with the 3mm stroker. I've been abusing one for 5-6 years and it's still going strong. I heard of the stuffer block coming off by word of mouth, but have never actually seen an example of it on the forums.

I have run stuffed cranks for years without a problem. I have even stuffed cranks with cork, foam, and epoxy and not had problems. I saw pictures of a Vitos crank with a melted stuffer block, looked like an overheating problem.

Steve

24607_412213490802_611920_n.jpg

I had my head cut for the stroker and use a copper base gasket that's whatever thickness my engine builder suggested.

My roommate uses the spacer plate and 2 paper gaskets on his.

I like having the copper base gasket for the simple fact that it can't blow, just make sure to leak down test and make sure it's sealing. Copper gasket spray helps. Also you get to feel cool because your piston sticks past your jug.
TB2k9KBl.jpg

Should I just use the spacer that comes with the +3 crank or get the cylinder ported to run without the spacer?

It all about getting the right quench or squish gap with the cylinder head, which is typically 0.7mm to 1.3mm or so. 2 strokes are also sensitive to the height of the port so jacking up the port height with spacers under the base will up the RPM just like raising the exhaust port roof will. This typically is a good way to power so typically using the base spacer makes a lively motor. Leaving the cylinder down with a standard base gasket makes for a low rpm torque, but you have to correct TDC piston height with headgasket or cutting the head. So, yes, I'd use the spacer unless you want a tractor motor.

Steve