ok to sum up low/mid pipes

TheSchreibs

Jul 23, 2013
Merrill, Wi
ok many mixed reviews on here on low/mid range pipes here. i want something with all low/mid dont care bout top at all. Been seeing a lot of shearer and fmf people backing there setup up. Then DMC is supposed to be a great low/mid. just wondering if anyone has run different pipes and noticed a difference. Thinkin bout pickin up a used dmc for 125 right now and just run my dc muff, unless some1 wants to buy my complete dc setup for 100$ :D then ill just buy a new system.

Basically i just wana get this crap figured out

O aight and yea I wasn't even having a thought for those, heard those were all top. If I did pick up that dmc header what would be the best pipe for it other than the dmc pipe

The silencer is mainly about sound.

The actual pipe (header) is what really gives you the power.

Im not sure if the DMC requires the actual DMC silencer? My LRD does.

DMC Alien all the way, good quality, great low response, leak free setup, awesome sound, most aftermarket silencers can be used methinks even your DG.

2 great low pipes are FMF Fatty and DMC, the DMC is somewhat better.

My FMF is fantastic down low and in the midrange. My trail port from KOR really lets you lug on it and make plenty of power to climb most any hill in 2nd gear.

I wish I had some more top end, but you generally trade one for the other.

Well I ordered a full fmf off of eBay that I scored at 12 last night haha, was only up for 30 mins when I saw it and had to jump on it, can't wait to see how much better it does compared to my dg I got now(for sale) and with my 12t gear I just put on, just wondering if there is a better ratio than 12/40 for low/mid range? But very pleased on my first ride with switching to low end tonight

I would never go lower than 13:40

Unless you are doing slow hill climbs, its not that necessary.

I will be switching to 14:40 when i need chain next. Possibly even 14:38 if i think it has enough power right away.

I run 12 42 and I like it for raceing on short tracks and it makes the front end fly up in the air when I try to take off in 2nd gear but it seems really slow on top so when I wear these sprockets out ill probably go 13 42 or 14 40 not sure

Yea I mainly went to 12 because I noticed how f'd the sprocket was when I was workin on it a while back so I wanted to try a 12 for the hell of it, I prob should change the rear here soon even tho it's in great shape, just don't know if I should get the same size or go bigger or smaller, guess ill decide once that fmf is bolted up

When you change the chain or sprockets. You NEED to change them all at once, unless they are like a week old and you want to try something new. Riding with one part worn out is a bad idea...

What rear sprocket should I go with the 12t front then? I'm not looking for too end speed too much, I put a new chain on a few weeks ago and havnt done any real riding yet, been piecing this thing together all summer