OConnor Racing build

The top end is all me. Ported for mid/high, custom rechambered head, 160 PSI compression, 34 mm flat slide carb, ( would really like an air striker ) and the FMF set up. I run the FMF because I'm cheap! Much better pipes out there. best thing about the FMF pipe.............mothers polish on the silencer!

I am also running the FMF pipe on our Blaster for the same reasons. Not to mention it was already on the bike when we bought it. But I can tell you that there are a few other Blasters that will tell you the FMF seems to be just fine after running against our FMF equipped Blaster. I just wish I had the cash to get that little bit more!

And like everyone else said..............that hood is bitchin!!!!!!

This is what I started with. As for what I used on the cases, 220 sanding rolls, 400 wet dry paper, then Mothers with a 10,000 RPM die grinder and felt wheel.

kensbike.jpg

Ya is that a Bridgeport milling machine in the pic? My dad has one looks like that. I been contemplating doing some blaster head work..... You do anything with your mill?

/\/\/\/\/\ that was pretty sweet to start with, good base

wow that was a pretty nice bike to start out with for sure. good luck with the rest of the build

You should post up pics of your porting when you are done Ken... looks good!

Ya is that a Bridgeport milling machine in the pic? My dad has one looks like that. I been contemplating doing some blaster head work..... You do anything with your mill?

Duh i guess you do use your mill, sorry about that i just checked your site!!!haha... Bad ass site! I got some Warrior 350 head issues i might want to send to you... I'll PM you... Keep up the good work...

I've got the next five days off so I got an early start on the quad yesterday. Here's where I'm at; This is a modified Blaster axle carrier. I didn't want to bolt brackets on the old mount so I cut the old mount off, made a new piece and welded it on. I'll drill the holes after I assemble the axle. I decided not to use the banshee carrier because it would have needed to be shimmed where it mounts to the swinger.
blasterbuildaxle001.jpg

I changed the bearings and seals and cleaned / painted / polished all the parts. I like the blue paint. I think it's called Metalcast. It's a two part process. You apply a base coat then a top coat.
blasterbuildaxle012.jpg

blasterbuildaxle011.jpg

Here's the clutch cover with the carbon fibre oil pump cover. This is solid carbon, not skinned like the other parts. It's made of two layers of carbon with fiberglass in the center. Super strong. I had to cut the water pump housing down to get it to lay flat. I need to sand it and add another coat of clear. Fish eyes@#$#@
blasterbuildaxle016.jpg

I had an extra set of pegs so I cut them off and made double wides. This would be a good time to make fun of my welding skills.
blasterbuildaxle015.jpg

This is the mount for the rear hydros. I've done this a few times but decided to remove the old mount from the frame on this one. And yes..................another ugly weld.
blasterbuildaxle014.jpg

I'm going to work on my A arms today and try to get them back on the bike. I made new bushings and bought a set of Shark Racing seals and new skid plates. More pics on the way.

looking good ken, !!!
and a grinder always smooths out my buble gum welds

Last edited:
Great pics! If ya bump your heat up a click it would smooth out that bead. I really like that color blue!
-bob

when i got my blasty the frame was done with that stuff...very poorly. glad to see you got it right tho. looks great

I got the A arm seals off of ebay from Shark Racing. They cost $50. Not sure what the stock parts cost but I needed them. I thought they were worth the money
Blasterbuildfrontend001.jpg

I made a set of soft steel ( 1018 ) bushings for the A arms. I know what's coming next.........Steel on steel! The plastic ones they sell wear out pretty quick. I thought that a steel bushing would last longer. I ground a groove on the inner surface to hold grease. I put these in last year and I'm not seeing any wear at all. The bushing will still wear first, it will just take longer. I could have made these out of brass......But like I keep telling you......I'm cheap.
Blasterbuildfrontend002.jpg

Here are the A arms installed. I really thought about getting extended arms but decided not to do it. I live in New England and ride a lot of tight, rocky trails. Extended arms will just slow me down. I don't remember the manufacturer of the skid plates but I like them. Everything fit great and they went on in a snap. They lock on in 4 places and seem to make the arm much more ridged. Also got these off of ebay for $40.00.
Blasterbuildfrontend004.jpg

I did the mod to the brake lever today. Nothing technical here. The bolt in the pic is just for set up and will be replaced with a pin. The pegs are also there for set up and need more work.
Blasterbuildfrontend006.jpg

Blasterbuildfrontend007.jpg

I e-mailed Norman420 when I started thinking about putting hydros on the front of my quad. Like I keep saying.....I'm cheap and didn't want to spend any money. Norman was very helpful and gave me a ton of advice. This is not his set-up but I got the idea from looking at what he was doing........and no.....I don't sell these. What I did was make a bushing for the seal to ride on and space the hub, then built a bracket for the caliper to ride on. I can tell you if you want to do this mod.........PM norman. He knows what he's talking about.
Blasterbuildfrontend005.jpg

This is what the caliper looks like when it's mounted. Not done yet.........just testing the fit....going to polish them. The bolt that you see in the pic just holds the plate in. It doesn't keep the bracket from spinning. I welded two pieces of steel to the back of the bracket to lock it into place.
Blasterbuildfrontend008.jpg