Noobs winter re-build

Status
Not open for further replies.

super noober

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
Feb 17, 2009
upstate ny
well i did a little riding today and its official, there is too much snow on the ground to make riding enjoyable so its time to put her up for the season and freshen some things up. what i have planned motor wise is the head and flywheel are heading to flotek for some magic and i will be playing with the timing as well as a new set of rings and a nice fresh hone I:I. body wise i really need a new bumper and i think im going to paint my frame a "hammered" black and leave the plastics white but im open to suggestions on frame colors, they just need to keep with the red and black theme so choices are pretty limited lol. pretty psyched to do some wrenching on this beast again, ever since getting it dialed before busco i have not changed anything lol :D :D. here are some before pics as it sat when i got done riding today.

100_1764.jpg

100_1763.jpg

don't do the hammered paint, that's what i have on mine and HATE it, it holds mud and dirt and stuff in it.

can't wait to see what you do with it

black frame, red subframe, red a-arms, black swinger.

maybe look into so front shocks.
and give it a nice bath before you start working on it.

thanks guys!! :) hahaha yeah shes a dirty girl still from awks ride :D it will be easy to clean when its in pieces lol :eek:. its going to be fun and im real excited about the new motor work but just tinkering with it again is going to be schweeeet I:I

best to have it clean before you tear it apart, getting dirt into the motor is not good. plus it is way easier to work on something that is clean than dirty.

do the frame and swingarm the with the same paint u used on the clutch cover noobs!!!

i was actually thinking about doing that, talk about a biotch though... i would need to paint the whole thing chrome first then that red color to get the effect right but damn that would POP I:I I:I

i was actually thinking about doing that, talk about a biotch though... i would need to paint the whole thing chrome first then that red color to get the effect right but damn that would POP I:I I:I

that would def look sick and do the front arms in that chrome paintI:II:II:I

yeah i just cant resist im going to have to go ahead and do the frame the same color as the clutch cover I:I. a arms i dunno if i like a chrome look or if black would look better :-/. so far today i cleaned my garage so its ready for a project and started taking things like the brakes and whatnot off. tomorrow i need to load it up and take it to the car wash and clean it real good then finish disassembly. if anybody hasnt seen it before this is my clutch cover i did, check out how the kicker reflects this paint is cool stuff lol. i plan to use the same method on the frame this go round :D

installed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.