New Donation System

Jan 27, 2008
north nj
in case u guys havent seen it yet, there is a new donation system setup, u will now receive gold bar icons for the specified amount that u donate, also the top donater will get the blue diamond icon

u can check this out buy hitting the donate button next to the USER CP button on the homepage

now lets see some gold bars I:I

I donated! But I better as I am a mod on this site! anyways, blanshee you are probably yellow again because you let your membership lapse/did not sign up for auto-pay to automatically renew your membership once a year.

niiiice, cool system. And gratz on admin freek! but is that why im back to yellow?

Ok, the reason this happened is because after you donate, you get a added to a membership group "donators" and your usergroup color/title got associated to the donaters group color/title,which is default. I have changed it so this new usergroup does not overwrite the usercolor you had before this and wend and changed your and a few other peoples usergroup association.

In the future, if this is an issue, you can always change it your selft by going to your User CP, then in Networking tab on the left panel, got to Group Memberships and chose which group to accociate yourself with.

Does this count if you donated for another member to become a supporting member?

This is something for a future update. You will be able to directly purchase a subscription for someone automatically. For now, the old way is the only way since this change wont happen to soon.

forgot to add that u will also get 1 rep point for every dollar that u donate too

i dont really like the idea of getting rep points for donating, rep should be for letting others know you are knowlegeable in blasters not that you donated some money. dont get me wrong the donation system is awesome i just dont think giving rep in exchange for money is cool. Just my thoughts...

i dont really like the idea of getting rep points for donating, rep should be for letting others know you are knowlegeable in blasters not that you donated some money. dont get me wrong the donation system is awesome i just dont think giving rep in exchange for money is cool. Just my thoughts...

The idea behind this is more dense then just "buying rep pints". Reputation points are gained not only for your knowledge of blasters but for being beneficial to someone or all in some way, right? It could be for making an interesting comment, maybe putting a smile on someone's face, or simply being friendly. So think of reputation points as what it means because its not called knowledge points. I believe members who donate absolutely deserve some reputation points for their contribution because they are helping each and every member in the community. Maybe not directly, but maybe their contribution made the difference for the forum to function so a more knowledgeable member could come in and help you and many more people.

great addition to the site, look forward to donating asap i get $$ in my paypal again