full FMF exhaust
boyson carbon fiber reeds
jets
extended swing arm
ITP wheels
moose bars
new crank and all new gaskets fresh rebuild
he also gave me a whole box of parts... with a cylinder .30 over and .20 over

it seams to have crappy throttle response. ill get power then giant boost in power like a second later then i have to shift the next second. same thing in all gears and throttle positions. any ideas? thanks

hello im new i just got a 1995 blaster. this is what the kid said it had
.70 over bore
full FMF exhaust
boyson carbon fiber reeds
jets
extended swing arm
ITP wheels
moose bars
new crank and all new gaskets fresh rebuild
he also gave me a whole box of parts... with a cylinder .30 over and .20 over

it seams to have crappy throttle response. ill get power then giant boost in power like a second later then i have to shift the next second. same thing in all gears and throttle positions. any ideas? thanks

yeah thats called your "power band" or the rpm range where the motor makes its power. sorry dude but thats how 2 strokes work I:I

shift a little later so that your rpms aren't too low when you hit the next gear. you can also feather the clutch a bit to keep the rpms up so you don't bog. might be jetted alittle rich too

welcome to the forum...lotsa good info to be had here....lets see some pics of that hog!!!!

well pics will be up tomorow i joined tonight and its dark.
well how long will a rebuild last he said it has 5 hrs assuming thats true???
thanks for the welcome

One nice thing about a Blaster is that they are very hard to over-rev when under load (in gear). They also don't make much power below 3000 rpm, so what you need to figure out is, "Does it rev up to the powerband quickly or is it bogging?" Revving up to a useable rpm is standard 2-stroke stuff. Very different from how a 4-stroke runs. When the power kicks in, Blasters like to wheelie, so watch out!

And welcome!

As for longevity, jetting is the key, so read up on how to check your plug and jetting. Lean 2-strokes die fast.

As for longevity, jetting is the key, so read up on how to check your plug and jetting. Lean 2-strokes die fast.

Truer words have yet to be typed. :D Welcome, dude! Do a little research on jetting (the 'search' button is your friend), just to be sure the newly-rebuilt engine you have is set up properly.

As for making a rebuild last? Jet it right, keep the cooling fins and air filter clean (obvious), and USE GOOD OIL as already mentioned. You can't go wrong with AMSOIL, Bel-Ray, or Klotz to name a few. Mix it 32:1 and ride on. A properly-built Blaster engine will run hard for years. They are not fragile.

Since you just got a freshly-rebuilt engine from a stranger, you would also do well to research 'leak-down test' on the forum and do one on your bike. A member here by the name of Holeshotman sells these testers, and they are money well-spent.

as for non engine things, always keep your chain well oiled/lubed. always grease all spots with a grease zerk. never use old gas. always change tranny fluid every couple months.
not sure if you have the oil injection still on there or not, if you do, dont run premixed oil. just make sure your oil injection tank never runs dry.

Welcome to the forum bro... Glad to have you. I cant offer any help ima four troke dude thats intro to 2 strokes. Mine is being rebuilt as we speak so i will feel that powerband as well. But is this your first quad?

this doesnt occur to me but i was wondering, you rejet to get more oil in the engine correct? if so, if you have the oil tank on isnt rejetting then pointless?

when you premix, jetting can effect the amount of oil that goes into your engine.
so if you premix and your change your premix ratio, you should also check your jetting.

with the oil injection, your jetting doesn't affect the amount of oil going into the engine. it is always the same amount.