Need pics of swingarm please guys!

callmej75

Jul 12, 2009
Roanoke, VA
I am looking into either a 3" or 4" extended swingarm at the moment...can anyone post up pics of their 3" and 4" so I can see the difference? I am going to order the swinger and chain at the same time...got my new sprockets today so it all will go on at the same time. Should compliment the recently installed Banshee axle!

So please guys....show me some pics I:I

Ya know....you're the first album I checked out and thought.....hmm...now that looks pretty good....and also read that you had a harder time getting the front up in wheelies tho?

I'm doing alot of brainstorming and searching this forum....trying to find the combo that i would like the best. i got the 44 tooth rear sprocket to give me some more low end grunt to help with the wheelies...so maybe if i go with a +4 and that sprocket, it will restore my low end but also add to my stability?

Another issue I got is reeds...I have read it makes the throttle response more "crisp." So if I maybe upgraded the stock reeds with some Boyesen or maybe some of the Vito's carbon flex reeds for the stock reed cage....or just go all out for the Vforce 3 reed cage? Or upgrade the stock reeds and add a spacer? Hell i dunno...

Tonight is my brainstorming night...I love it, but I hate it because I have so many questions but don't want to start 200 threads to get them all answered! Off to search i go again...

Thanks YB!

i think with that gear set up you will be fine...i can still wheelie just need to master it again since it feels diff....i have boyeseen reeds and they do help over stock....ask away

Ah so I was just reading up on the pro series reeds....so you do notice a nice difference in power response and....well here is what the Boyesen site says.....let me know from first hand experience if all this is just advertising hype or is it true?

*Quoted from the Boyesen site*

MOVE UP WITH CARBON AND DUAL-STAGE TECHNOLOGY

• Quickest acceleration any reed can
offer for that all important holeshot

• Crisper throttle response making
challenging obstacles effortless

• More overrev so you can run a gear
longer going into a corner or jump

• Increased life over traditional carbon fiber reeds

• The most potent reed available delivering
power you can have confidence in

i just did a +3 swinger on a stok engine with only the box lid removed,and a uni filter,all stock gearing and mine would still come up easy in first by simple pinning the throttle and letting it come up,i could then grab 2nd (if at the rite time) and it would hold just fine,i could also get 3rd to come up from all 4's if i clutched it and lean back/pull back on the bars.It's really no harder to wheelie,as stated above it just takes some getting used to.
You may have read where i was concerned as well....i went ahead and extended 3 and have never looked back.

i just did a +3 swinger on a stok engine with only the box lid removed,and a uni filter,all stock gearing and mine would still come up easy in first by simple pinning the throttle and letting it come up,i could then grab 2nd (if at the rite time) and it would hold just fine,i could also get 3rd to come up from all 4's if i clutched it and lean back/pull back on the bars.It's really no harder to wheelie,as stated above it just takes some getting used to.
You may have read where i was concerned as well....i went ahead and extended 3 and have never looked back.

So when you extended to 3....what differences did you notice? Like I stated above...i got the Banshee axle on so it's widened a little to compliment the front wheel flop.

Was it easier to handle on jumps....cornering....and such?

For the record i used to swingers to make mine,i took the front of one swinger +1.5 and the rear of another swinger +1.5 and welded it all together,then i took the extra shock mount and welded it 3" ahead of the stock location.i noticed it was alot smoother over all terrain,made a HUGE difference in my climbing capability,and yes in my experience it also corners better....i can slide it ALOT harder and it does not feel like it wants to do a 360

Yea,between the wheel flip,raising my stem 2" and the +3 swinger to feels like a entirely different type of quad !

Ahhhh good stuff....Sometimes i would wanna slide around quickly to recover to hit a jump and come up on 2 wheels and would have to let off and then hit the throttle hard again just to get speed up to hit a jump. That sucks! Also the ride was much more harsh on rough terrain...say rocky hills and what not.

I wanna +3 or +4....I am willing to buy now....but the only place I see is ebay for the complete setup already welded and powder coated to go for $200? I can weld....but I am not comfortable in figuring up the geometry in welding together to make the stock shock work and everything even.

Yea,between the wheel flip,raising my stem 2" and the +3 swinger to feels like a entirely different type of quad !

So you're running stock shocks all around, correct? I am eventually upgrading to Banshee shocks for the front but am also wondering what advantages are to that setup as well.

How did you raise the stock stem? Just buy one or do a conversion?

DON'T buy from that ebay store !! my buddy got a +2 swinger and it cracked the first time out. Seriously i just guessed at where to put my new mount and it worked out great,i don't think a pro install would be any better.
And your comment about trying to power into a jump but having to let out due to a wheelie,that wont be near as much an issue with a +3 or more.

Ahhhh good stuff....Sometimes i would wanna slide around quickly to recover to hit a jump and come up on 2 wheels and would have to let off and then hit the throttle hard again just to get speed up to hit a jump. That sucks! Also the ride was much more harsh on rough terrain...say rocky hills and what not.

I wanna +3 or +4....I am willing to buy now....but the only place I see is ebay for the complete setup already welded and powder coated to go for $200? I can weld....but I am not comfortable in figuring up the geometry in welding together to make the stock shock work and everything even.

the $200 swingarm off of ebay is a piece of junk

Yup,stock shocks all around (for now) i actually took a bent stem i had and cut it 2" bellow the bar mount,then cut my other stem flush with the bar mount and welded them together.