My little Project.

nicely cleaned up, that all black looked weird

p.s. im liking that golf in the background of that picture :) my mom has one, but hers is a 07 gti Fahrenheit edition

Wasn't bashing, trying to help I:I maybe even a coat or two of spray or brush on paint to help beads seal

Didn't take it as bashing... thanx for the input .

nicely cleaned up, that all black looked weird

p.s. im liking that golf in the background of that picture :) my mom has one, but hers is a 07 gti Fahrenheit edition

Thanks.. Its a 95 GTI (not a golf lol) thats my other project

Looking good. Big improvement!

Thanks

she is finally finished... didn't start tho, don't think I am getting spark, ordered a new ignition coil should be here b4 sat.. I will keep y'all posted.

Fin_zpscdc7ebb1.jpg

Finish_zps91bea09c.jpg

Finish2_zps161f9072.jpg

Build looks great so far! Have a little rep for your hard work and determination to get it done. Also props for using a manual to figure out the ignition! I:I

If the $$ allows, Id get on ebay and pick up a good used 400ex or LTZ 400 rear shock. It will be a cheap and much-appreciated upgrade over that stock pogo stick rear shock.

Okay.. so I replaced the coil pack, source coil and still no spark.. took the cab off and cleaned it out going to install it back on in a few mins, new spark plug so lets see.. any suggestion ?

Finally got her running yesterday. Woodruff key was the culprit. So after letting her run and adjusted the idle and tighten up all loose ends. Decided to go up and down the block to test her. She ran decent then all of a sudden while shifting thru the gears I heard a grinding noise and she shut off. Took about 10 kicks to restart and started making the noise again. I shut her down. Now I have to pull the motor and check the transmission and motor internals FML

damn, one thing after another with that bike !
i guess our tech session texts aren't over after all ? LOL
holler anytime bro !

i'd pull the clutch and stator covers first to have a peek in there for the culprit of the noises.

Sup Guys. It's been a while since I checked in. I finally dropped the Blaster Off at the local cycle shop (not dealer) lol. Awaiting on the findings didnt have drive to pull the motor off or do anything after all the work I did. So hope they don't charge me an arm or leg.

Happy New Year to all.. And have a safe riding season.

So it's getting warmer took the bike to the shop was feeling lazy . Get a call they wanted to charge me $175 for a new harness, $85 for that electrical box under the hood. So I got my bike back I gave them $40 for their trouble.

Okay pulled bike apart. Found woodruff key broken in 1/2. Order 2 from Ken O'conner and got a harness from Awk.

Lets hope this season I get to ride

i think you're going to be just fine Rene,
the woodruff key broken was definately a huge problem, doubtful you need a harness, but it's on the way.
cdi's can be had fairly cheap on here or ebay if needed.....

used:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item258884f7ec&vxp=mtr

new:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RICKS-HOT-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bc61fb48&vxp=mtr

you should probably lap your flywheel to the crank, i think i saw some scarring in the pics you sent me, lap it until it feels smooth and flywheel gets hard to turn, indicating a nice tight, matching fit
not a blaster, but same process:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Awk. It does have some scaring. Was wondering if I needed a new crank. Thank for the vid will do that this weekend.