Problems with my 01 blaster

Johnny Valiant

Dec 24, 2018
okay this problem has been a pure head scratcher for me so a couple a months ago i decided to walk away from my blaster but i still rode it of course and purchased an 1988 Yamaha warrior but i miss that sound and the way the blaster feels i don't know why i'm weird i guess so a few months into owning it i replaced the reeds with boyshen power reeds and riding it in the trail one day i heard this monster rattle like a baby rattle and i thought the engine was toasted so i pushed it home thank god i wasn't far from home at the time come to find it that the pipe had something rattling in it so i decided to take the fmf pipe and silencer off of the 93 and i installed it into my 01 but for some reason i don't know what the problem is lately ive been having to put gas in the cylinder to get her going again but when you try to open her up with full throttle she BOGS terribly and the power is not there and that smoke isn't so bad i know it not the crank seal because trust me my 93 blaster crank seal went on her and she drove like an old john deere tractor i don't know what's going on with it right now but i can tell it's got the fmf pipe silencer and a 290 main jet.

okay this problem has been a pure head scratcher for me so a couple a months ago i decided to walk away from my blaster but i still rode it of course and purchased an 1988 Yamaha warrior but i miss that sound and the way the blaster feels i don't know why i'm weird i guess so a few months into owning it i replaced the reeds with boyshen power reeds and riding it in the trail one day i heard this monster rattle like a baby rattle and i thought the engine was toasted so i pushed it home thank god i wasn't far from home at the time come to find it that the pipe had something rattling in it so i decided to take the fmf pipe and silencer off of the 93 and i installed it into my 01 but for some reason i don't know what the problem is lately ive been having to put gas in the cylinder to get her going again but when you try to open her up with full throttle she BOGS terribly and the power is not there and that smoke isn't so bad i know it not the crank seal because trust me my 93 blaster crank seal went on her and she drove like an old john deere tractor i don't know what's going on with it right now but i can tell it's got the fmf pipe silencer and a 290 main jet.
Question. What was the piece you found rattling around in the pipe. Think a compression test should be done.