my daughter's blaster build

Dem3500

Feb 27, 2012
ok here we go....i started with a 2003 in decent condition i picked up for $700. my daughter is going to be legal to ride in MI next month so we decided to build her a blasty.

the day we picked it up last month
2012-02-09_19-54-36_410.jpg

stripped down and painted white (i dont have an oven big enough to powder coat a frame yet)
2012-02-25_20-24-02_515.jpg

Reactions: slickerthanyou
i wanted white plastic so i scored some off ebay and cleaned them up. they were pretty rough but some elbow grease fixed them right up.

some before and after pics
2012-02-15_15-49-43_434.jpg

2012-02-13_16-56-55_224.jpg

shes been riding since she was about 7 but has never learned a clutch or a kick start. it took her about 5 min to learn. here's a quick vid of her the first time she got it right.

gotta be one of the nicest girl blastys ive seen here, cant wait to show it to my 10 yr old girl. did she request green a arm instead of chrome like the first pic? at any rate great job man, we see loooots of builds here are this is one of my favorites

thanks guys!! she did pick green. the chrome is actually the base color. both the green and the pink are translucent colors and it needs a shiny base. the powder is from prismatic powders.

Damn nice powder work. Any chance you might share types of powders , equipment and techniques for the curious?

the gun is a crappy HF gun. a new good one is on the list and will be bought when i start doing frames.

whats techniques are you interested in? there's a different one for almost every part lol.