My custom Grab bar

Grab bar Fabbing

• Total voters

slickerthanyou

Dec 23, 2009
Well finally getting around to using this stainless I have been holding on to.
I'd like to get some opinions on how to make it, I have included some pics to use as reference. My main dilemma is do i want to put the Horizontal pieces on a angle or straight up and down. Let me know what you think! I'm leaning towards angled for one- I think it looks good , and two- I want to be different, But I'm just not sure... The angle is 40 degrees.

This is how it will look straight-
grab-bar-(2).jpg

This is angled-
grab-bar-(3).jpg

no way straight, angled looks like a drag, or sprint car spoiler, me likey !!!!!!!!!!
turned the opposite way though....to slice thru the air, hahahaaaaa

no way straight, angled looks like a drag, or sprint car spoiler, me likey !!!!!!!!!!
turned the opposite way though....to slice thru the air, hahahaaaaa

Haaa I was thinking the same thing , My blasty has a wing! Turrned the opposite way Pic-

grab-bar-6.jpg

Yes that is cool... That way when I'm draftin ya it'll hold myt ass down!

where is the poll option that says have slick build one for acezeesawtooth... cause its not coming up on my screen

BWaaaahaaaa! Nice try, If I had enough left I would! I have a ton of 1 1/4" square tube, that was used as a platform for some machinery. Just haven't figured out what to use it for yet... probably about 30ft...

drats... it was worth a shot... but i like the wing.. you should probably make it about 3 feet taller and twice as wide as the fenders to give it that ricer feeling

drats... it was worth a shot... but i like the wing.. you should probably make it about 3 feet taller and twice as wide as the fenders to give it that ricer feeling

EWWWWW! no ricers here! The end bar is 18" long and will be about in the middle of the back fenders.

thats nice. i been searching for a decent bar for a few weeks now and even returned one bc most are too short and off set. im looking one as long as stock maybe a tad longer and durable bc i do alotta wheelies and i need a bar to stop the bike from crushing me if ever needed. :D wanna make me a nice durable one for a good price? :D:D

Well here is the finished product! I ran into one issue, I forgot to change the wire in the welder to stainless-X( . But it will hold, Just have to spend some money on a chroming! B) Oh and in the last pic it did bend from too much heat at one time. I don't care It's soo much better than stock and way stronger!

grab-bar-finished-(1).jpg

grab-bar-finished-(2).jpg

grab-bar-finished-(3).jpg

Reactions: xKroniK13x
thats nice. i been searching for a decent bar for a few weeks now and even returned one bc most are too short and off set. im looking one as long as stock maybe a tad longer and durable bc i do alotta wheelies and i need a bar to stop the bike from crushing me if ever needed. :D wanna make me a nice durable one for a good price? :D:D

Sorry bro- don't have enough material, and if i wer to buy it and make it it would cost more than what you could buy on line!

And I found out that the exhaust side needed to be a hair under a half inch longer as the mount sits back that much further on the frame rail.