Luis Manuel 240Vito Bad sound and vibration?

here's JoeAK's vids on proper squish band and hemi head modifications.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...high-compression-squish-band-hemi-head.50156/

edit: I just called Ken.
he confirms that if you're running the supplied spacer from vitos, it is for a 3mm stroker, not 4mm.
but..... with 2 vitos gaskets it ususally works out to be just enough for a +4mm stroke.
with "thicker than vitos" stock base gaskets and the spacer is even more safe.

you are running 2 gaskets 1 on each side of the spacer ?

is the head gasket hanging over into the bore ?
a stock 68mm head gasket will hang over into a 72mm bore, and cause piston contact
a 240 gasket shouldn't, but could, check it !

you say it doesn't make noise with the stock head, and it made even more noise with the shaved vitos head.
your problem is definately up there, and hopefully not the piston making contact with the head ?
it sounds like the solution is a properly modified head, wether it be from your local machine shop using the JoeAK videos, or send it to Ken

The problem is that the piston, when moving with the hand, has more space and movement at the bottom of the cylinder, and the cylinder are having more open space causing that hitting and vibration, apparently the cylinder is damaged, now I have to cut and put a new piston. Do you have a photo where appropriate porting shown for this kit to drag 240 Big Vito? So I can take it to the machine shop and prepare the port... Thanks!

The problem is that the piston, when moving with the hand, has more space and movement at the bottom of the cylinder, and the cylinder are having more open space causing that hitting and vibration, apparently the cylinder is damaged, now I have to cut and put a new piston. Do you have a photo where appropriate porting shown for this kit to drag 240 Big Vito? So I can take it to the machine shop and prepare the port... Thanks!

That sucks! How much time do you have riding on that cylinder?
So the piston is tight at top of cylinder and loose and sloppy and slapping at the bottom of the cylinder?

Reactions: Luis Manuel
That sucks! How much time do you have riding on that cylinder?
So the piston is tight at top of cylinder and loose and sloppy and slapping at the bottom of the cylinder?

I need info about the specify clearance between the ring and the piston. Now have 25mls between the rings and the piston. and .10mls between the piston and the cylinder.

@ Luis Manuel ,

What metering rod are you running in your carb, and is this a powerjet carb or no?

it has Lectron 32mm Carb,
Yeah. What metering rod is in it and does it have a powerjet or no? I run the same carb. If you dont pay cloae attn when first setting these up you can get waay lean on top end. Hence of there is no power jet you could/should add one.

Not that the carb has anything to do with your noises. I would just hate to see you get it figured out just to melt it down due to being lean.

Reactions: Awk08
Yeah. What metering rod is in it and does it have a powerjet or no? I run the same carb. If you dont pay cloae attn when first setting these up you can get waay lean on top end. Hence of there is no power jet you could/should add one.

Not that the carb has anything to do with your noises. I would just hate to see you get it figured out just to melt it down due to being lean.

Yes its have a power jet, im going to open the lectron carb and let you know about the metering rod. Its come in sizes, the metering rod?

Yes, something like a 3-1, 3-2, 4-1, etc etc. Once you have the carb set you wont have to adjust it again. Even for altitude, temps or smaller mods. Might have to turn the power jet knob a click or 2 but thats it.

I have a manual for them if you need , it will explain things much better than i can. Or Lectrons site has some tuning info aswell.

I am running a 3-1 metering rod, you should be the same or close.

Reactions: Luis Manuel
Its have 4-2 XL

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-14-20-46-20.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-14-20-46-20.png
    332.7 KB · Views: 159
Good news, the engine has no noise after doing work in the cylinder. I am now looking more compression because it has a 125. I still need help with Lectron carburetor adjustment. The carburetor accelerates well but I would like to put the needles necessary for the engine I have.

Reactions: 79 bronco