My first blaster build

Well my front end is almost complete! So far what I have done is retrofitted the kfx lonestar anti vibe stem on, ordered some alba +3 +1 a arms, threw my fat bars on with protaper risers, and fitted up some exit shocks off of a yfz450. Sitting on this thing now feels perfect especially with the wider bars. Hopefully this weekend I can replace my rear axle bearings, and rebuild my carb so I can hopefully make this thing idle and go riding!

Reactions: JoeJoeSX
Well I spent the majority of saturday doing my axle bearings and just greasing and cleaning everything so I could take it out riding the following day. I have to say I am more than satisfied with how this thing handles and how comfortable it is with my front end mods but now its time to move to the rear end. I already got 1.5" spacers in the back and I like how stable it feels but can still fit in the tight spots but I need to do something about my swingarm+shock. So I was thinking I have two rear shocks off a 2010 yfz450 that have both been revalved I can use one on the blaster and build a +3 Swingarm to soften up the rear.

Now on the swingarm build I was thinking of not going with a standard bushing at the pivot point like the stock one. I am going to be putting heim joints where the swingarm bolt goes through the motor. I havent seen anyone build one like this so im sure it will be fun to experiment with it.

The heim joint is a interesting idea! I was talking to someone about trying one on the swingarm pivot about 3 or 4 months ago but could not find the right heim joints that i was happy with.

Please keep us posted on this, i like different ides like this. :)

The heim joint is a interesting idea! I was talking to someone about trying one on the swingarm pivot about 3 or 4 months ago but could not find the right heim joints that i was happy with.

Please keep us posted on this, i like different ides like this. :)

Well coming from the dunebuggy world my rear trailing arms are using heims to adjust "toe". Im just thinking that if i cant find the correct size heims (Havent even measured the swingarm bolt) i will just go for an oversized heim and make some sort of adapter on the lathe.

My old swingarm bolt comes up at about 15.88mm or .625. this is at the cleanest spot by the head!
The sleeve the swingarm bolt goes in is 16.11 mm or .634 inside and 21.91mm or .862 outside!

So im guessing its a 16mm bolt. o_O

The bearings in the swingarm have a 22mm ID X 28mm OD

Last edited:
Ok so I need HELP! Ever since i got the quad running it would never idle so I rebuilt the carb got rid of the tors and oil injection and this is what I got.. 32.5 PILOT 230 MAIN stock airbox and fmf pipe... It kept feeling like I had an air leak so I ordered some vitos reeds just because i had no idea what shape the reeds were in and that just made it ten times worse.. It just revs by itself.. Also I dont believe this is a stock reed cage.

And here is a video of what im talking about. ** Note sorry for the profanity I thought I shut the camera off.. Im having a bad day....**

Did you put a gasket between the cylinder and torque the reed bolts to 5.8 diagonally and incrementally?

You could perform a leak test and know for sure

but a 230 main jet is too lean. you should be around 260-280 depending on current temps and elevation.

www.jetsrus.com