Looking for Plastic Bar Clamp Cover,...

Motor is back together with the new Wiseco Piston, took it for 3 rides, each after a good warm up and about 10 minutes easy riding each time. The last time I actually put my fan in front of the motor and let it completely cool down before riding, restarted it, warmed it up and rode through about the first 4 gears nice and easy. Runs, rides and idles awesome, cylinder mods made a noticeable difference with throttle response quick and crisp with the 260 main (With lid on). My new Pro Circuit slip on hasn't made it in, jack leg slow shipper from ebay, motorcityperformanceplus, won't ever buy from this ball bag again, hasn't even hit the mail yet.

Knickers are girls undies.

Since you omitted the heat cycles (or forgive my smart ass comment if you did) which are recommended to be done before riding the bike, it would pay now to re tension the head and jug bolts before the gaskets start leaking.

Be very, very wary of a forged piston they demand a religious warm up period and are prone to 4 point seize if not adhered to.

Thanks for the advice, all bolts were checked and re-torqued and everything is perfect. I've installed nearly a dozen Wiseco pistons and have done all this exact way and zero issues on any of them, dirt bikes and atv's. Explain what it is that you refer to as "Heat cycles"?

Knickers are girls undies.

Since you omitted the heat cycles (or forgive my smart ass comment if you did) which are recommended to be done before riding the bike, it would pay now to re tension the head and jug bolts before the gaskets start leaking.

Be very, very wary of a forged piston they demand a religious warm up period and are prone to 4 point seize if not adhered to.

Interesting, all my years of putting pistons in two strokes cast and forged, never heard of anyone going through all that. Seems a little over the top to me, i've used the same brake in procedures on all my bikes over alot of years and never had failure or seizure. I'd be a little scared to let an air cooled motor sit, even being revved all the way to operating temp, but that's just me, guess everyone has a right and wrong way idea in their head.

It is the break in process that determines the useful life of any motor.

Proper ring bedding and gasket conditioning are a must with modern day components.

Many a motor has had more than 50% of its useful life reduced by improper break in.

Your break in system is not going to reduce life but could cause air leak problems later down the track as the gaskets may not have had the proper conditioning.

Air leaks can be the demise of a 2 stroke motor.

I have been rebuilding motors for nigh on 60 years, long before heat cycling became the norm.

I have always never given no more than 3/4 for two tanks, mainly to give the rings time to fully cut their way into the cross hatching, but also to keep well off the main jet before I have to plug chop.

I have found that heat cycling is not only beneficial to condition the solid copper head gasket but greatly aids the initial ring bedding, as the compression does not force the rings as hard against the cylinder wall as even a light application of throttle whilst the motor is under load as in riding.