jetting

csrt4

May 9, 2012
so, on jetsrus.com they have two different types..
GENUINE Mikuni main jet size 260.. which is 5.89 per jet
OEM equivalent Mikuni main jet 260 which is $2.96 per jet

does it matter which i go with??

i plan to buy an assortment ranging from 250-300
i plan to do plug chops this weekend to get everthing tuned in..
mods that just landed at my door step are (budget build..lol): riva racing by fmf silencer, fatty gold series pipe,will also be removing the air box lid with uni filter parking brake elim. rear brake cable, tors eliminator throttle cable, upper & lower front brake cables, front brake shoes, oil injection elim. kit (currently the ghetto way)...
i have been reading up on the thread jetting 101 any guess at what jet i will end up with??
also will i need to change the pilot jet or move positions on the needle with this set-up

If you have the ready cash go with the dear ones, but the cheaper ones are the same colour and work just as well!

Stock pilot and middle clip on the needle should suit the fatty!

Rough guess a #280 - #290 main jet!

since i plan on buying a large assortment of jets, is there a cheaper place to purchase them???
and i don't want to buy a jet kit because A) it's a secret as to what size jets it comes with, B.) most people say the jets kinda skip around and not in any kind of order..

since i plan on buying a large assortment of jets, is there a cheaper place to purchase them???
and i don't want to buy a jet kit because A) it's a secret as to what size jets it comes with, B.) most people say the jets kinda skip around and not in any kind of order..

Usually above and below the ones you need!

i would skip the jet kits, it always seems like they have some odd balls thrown in that you'll never use. for the set up you have now, 270-290 would be good. also, try to stick with the factory jets. even good companies like jets are us have the lower no name brand and they are not as accurate as the real deal

Wonder what size jets I need for my blaster it bored to a 68mm, head milled 30 thousands, port job if yall know anything let me know

270 main, 32.5 (stock) pilot. needle in the middle. plug chop then go from there up or down...

Wonder what size jets I need for my blaster it bored to a 68mm, head milled 30 thousands, port job if yall know anything let me know

Has full fmf pipes uni pod air filter and stock carb

And put a bigger carb on it! Then rejet. With stock carb your not going to get max performance out of that porting!

And put a bigger carb on it! Then rejet. With stock carb your not going to get max performance out of that porting!

i guess it would depend on the type of porting and by who. anybody can benefit from a bigger carb, even a stocker with a 28mm is a good addition. but to put a 34 or bigger on a home port or mild trail port is a jetting nightmare. im sure someone who has a bigger carb and porting will chime in, i hope...

i guess it would depend on the type of porting and by who. anybody can benefit from a bigger carb, even a stocker with a 28mm is a good addition. but to put a 34 or bigger on a home port or mild trail port is a jetting nightmare. im sure someone who has a bigger carb and porting will chime in, i hope...

Yes, i agree! Someone chime in on this! Sicivicdude?

Stock, IMO, is too small on a stocker, They should of came with 28mm's. However a stock carb, jetted properly will work! A larger carb will work better!