Is there a trick?

Hollywood_33

Oct 8, 2008
Buckeye, AZ
I have a 2003 blaster and i am trying to remove the engine.
All i have left is the Rear mount bolt that supports the engine and the swingarm. Problem is the Bolt won't come out or even migrate in enough to get the engine out.
I have taken weight off the swingarm and tried, i have tried a air ratchet and i have tried beating it through and none of it works (of course with the nuts off). Any suggestions?:(

it might be rusted to the bearings or inner parts of the swinger. i had the same problem with my shock bolt, seemed like i needed a "trick" to get it out, but ended up having to use a press to push that biotch out. u might have a problem if it really wont move, even with a big hammer and a punch.

yeah, i had the same prob.
i sprayed a ton of wd-40 all over it and let it sit for awhile. then i hammered the sh*t out of it. i hammered it w/o the nut for awhile, then i put the nut back on flush w/ then end of the bolt and hammered again for a while then i put a big socket over it to try not to destroy the threads or mushroom it. after about ten hits, i unscrewed the nut and screw it back on to keep the threads good.
after i got a few inches, i went to the other side, put my channel locks under the head of the bolt and hammered the channel locks so as not to damage it any more.

Well i got a 4lb sledge hammer and put the quad on its side and commenced to beat the hell out of the bolt, $25 dollars or not and guess what....not a dam thing. It just sits and smiles at me

None of mine were that much trouble and you would think because mine are older that it would be rusted more

lol man that blows. might have to cut it off with a tourch then get the bottom end of the engine in a press and get the rest out.

I had the same problem on a yamaha warrior. The bolt was rusted to the bearings inside the swingarm. I took a cut off wheel and cut the bolt between the frame and the swingarm. If you try this, be really careful not to cut into the swingarm or frame.

I had that problem a month ago. I had to spread the beatings out over a week. Once I got the thread end of the bolt flush with the frame, I used another bolt to keep hammering it. You really gotta get all your might into one huge swing at a time, not just a bunch of hard tap-tap-tap's. At that point though, yeah just set aside the $25 and get a new bolt cuz it's not gonna be worth sticking back in.

if your talking about the linkage bolt, yes, theres few ways to get it out in one night.
i suggest a six pack and a sledge hammer

oh, didnt know that, i just know they are a pain to get out on dirtbikes, still, 6 pack and a sledge hammer and you are good

Make that a 12, add a torch and a freind (to watch do the work)! And BAM job done!! lol but you did beat the sh*t outta that bolt didnt ya!! lol

I finally got mine out with a 5-6 lb. sledge hammer and a really long 3/8" extension. It was held up in there pretty good. I messed up the threads by putting the nut on backwards and beating it...the nut couldn't take it and killed itself and ruined the threas in the process.

Oh well, at least I got the blasters for a good price!!