idle problem

biggrobb762

Jan 18, 2011
HARFORD CO. MD.
my blaster runs like a champ but when i stop it will idle high then gets low and stalls out the tors is removed and i did put an idle screw on the carb ive adjusted the idle screw many times and either its too high or too low im clueless can someone give me some ideas

does anybody have any info

My instructions with my eliminator kit says to hold thumb throttle to desired idel then adjust screw in to hold to that desired position. Not sure what exactly might be going on with yours sounds like carb or fuel problem check your float setting and air mixture and make sure that you plug oil inlet on carb. line that used to go to carb for oil mixture. make sure the slide is moving freely and you dont have burrs from drilling.

ok well i just fiqured out that one of my intake bolts was loose and was probably sucking air in so i took it apart cleaned it and put it back together tight this time so it does run better and idles better

ok so i have an extra carb so i took it apart and cleaned it and got the float hight right and put it on the blaster and now she runs great and idle the way it should also i see that the carb i removed has a 230 jet in it thats not stock now with stock exhaust and an airbox with a lid on it is that too much