Lots of white smoke, no power!

Dominic

Jan 29, 2022
I have a 2002 blaster and this thing is kicking my ass! It starts up first kick and runs great and has very little smoke at idle, even revs up great and sounds healthy. But the second you get on it and it has a load it chucks white smoke out the exhaust that repels all the mosquitoes. Ive done a compression test and got 160psi, decided to change both crank seals and performed a leak down test. I started the test with 7.5 psi, came back an hour later and it had only dropped to 7psi so i think the seals i installed are fine. Ive torn apart carb and rebuilt with all new jets, needle, gaskets. I can adjust the idle and that seems to work but the fuel mixture screw seems to have no effect on how it runs or the smoking. The blaster is all stock except for a K&N filter, carb was rebuilt with stock jetting kit from freedom country atv and screw was set to 2 & 1/2 out for initial start up. Tors and oil injection are delated, run a premix of 32:1.

Last edited:
How long did it take to loose a half pound? Why did you replace the jets , they don’t wear.
I’d work at finding where the leak is. Soapy water is your friend