I NEED HELP JETTING MY CARB PLEASE ANYONE.

blade88

Apr 29, 2014
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
i have a 1988 blaster it is bored 80 over,milled .010 for compression,banshee carb,fmf fatty pipe and silencer,no cover on airbox hot rod kit 3/8 reed spacer and stock reeds.please i have read all over to look for the correct jetting and cant find and dont want to pay a shop to do it.

Go to the FMF web site, they'll have the suggested jetting. You have to notice their elevation and temps and adjust for yours. And you have to add +1 for no lid. These will only be "suggested" sizes and you have to tune accordingly. Start rich/large and work down.
I don't recall what they suggest.

Always remember jetting will change with temps and elevation and your specific machine.

No one can give you an exact jet number, They can give you a ballpark fugure, but you have to do the plug chops to make sure its correct.

A good tip is when you find the right jets, write down somewhere where you will not lose it, The jet #'s, date, temp, all mods done to the bike, and what the plug chop looked like. That will help you out down the road.

Good Luck!

If it is actually a Banshee carb they are set up slightly different than a blaster carb. Main, pilot etc..

If it is actually a Banshee carb they are set up slightly different than a blaster carb. Main, pilot etc..
Oh my word yes, Jus-me has it in one, the jets are smaller as they only have to feed a 175cc engine.

Wifesblaster has given you the details on jetting in post 3.

Last edited:
yea the stock banshee jets are too lean for a stock blaster.and fmf said 290 main ans 32.5 pilot air screw 1.5 turns out and needle clip 3rd from top.but i thought i had a main 280 in it but it was a 200 main and fouled a plug y is this?

If you fouled a plug with a #200 main jet in the carb, then you have a very serious case of flooding or the wrong jet needle!

It's stock banshee needle and I have 240 main in it so I can ride I just have to stop and let it cool.but I can't find a set of tires that bite in.i have Maxxie razors on it now 20-11-8 and I spin them on pavement no problem and they are completely flat I'm really thinking about puttin paddles on it and I know it's not jetted right so I know it has much more power to come the Maxxies spin so badly on the trails it's like I'm floating on the trail 2nd gear and up and the front tires are bobbing on and off the ground at the same time.what kind of tires do you guys recommend for hill climb and trail riding?cause I have a set of spider trax to try next from my moms boyfriend but idk if they will grip in and I keep stripping sprocket hubs the 2 I stripped were stock ones but I'm gettin a lone star one soon.could it be because my chain is loose?

image.jpg

Results of a poor choice of jets.

No wonder you are having to stop to let it cool down!

The Banshee needle jet and jet needle is way too lean for a 200cc engine.

The #240 main jet again is way too lean.

Seriously it is time for a carby clean and re jet with the correct ones or you will ride not much longer.

When you have fixed the float level, inserted the correct jetting, plug chop to confirm.

Last edited:
First things first bud,, before the chain takes out your case you need a new chain and both front and rear sprockets..

Also what above post says, get your carb straitened out or you will have allot more problems..

I am guessing that you are young and inexperienced, and I am not trying to bag you, but you need to heed some advice.

Owing a bike is not just all about riding, it is also taking responsibility in doing things correctly.

One hour riding with the wrong jetting can equal 100 hours in the workshop + many $$$$$$

One hour getting things correct to ride can equal many, many happy, enjoyable hours of riding.

Read, ask questions( there are many guys here on BF with a stack of experience) heed the advice they give and act on it.

We are here to help make it happen for you.

If the flywheel nut came loose the chances of the woodruff key being broken and the timing being way out is possible.

Take the flywheel of, check the tapers for damage.

If damaged lap the flywheel to the shaft and fit a new woodruff key.

Make sure the large washer is in place and tension the nut to 53ft lbs.

Hang in there Buddy, we will lead you to getting it going.

Scrap it? :confused: Patience young grasshoppa.. Don't scrap it,,, a little patience and listening and some time you can get this thing running right.. Worst case scenario if you cant deal with it please pass it on to another forum member deserving of it.. Don't scrap it..

Me and my dad put a compression tester on it first kick was 90.so it's not blown up it will kick start and run but it takes a lot of kicks start it and It will pull start but runs liks sh*t and you can't get full throttle or it will shut down dad said change plug and jets and try again I'm gettin new plugs today and I have an exhaust leak by the motor.but am fixing it in a few minutes here and the flywheel turns over easy and dad said it shouldn't he owned the quad for 10 years he knows the quad like the back of his hand.but doesn't really want to help me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 327
Internet kick in your Dad's azz :mad: for not helping. How old are you?

Get a Clymer's Repair Manual or D/L the pdf one.

Can you be more specific as to which "bolts" came loose?