I need help jetting my 1999 blaster

Throwntoast

Sep 21, 2020
north Carolina
I have a stock bore with vito's billet bullseyes reed cage with the vito's dual stage reeds a stock carb with I guess stock jets there is no number on the jets I also have a full FMF Fatty pipe with a turbine core 2 silencer a uni multi stage foam air filter with the lid off the air box and I run premix fuel 32/1 and i am at a elevation of 1400 feet I have not run it much since I rebuilt the top end but I was wondering if I could get help with what I would need to do to make it safe to ride before I blow it up like the guy I bought it from did and what would be a good after market carb I could go with and what should I jet my stock carb to or the suggested carb for.

stick with the stock carb
do not run it again with a stock 230 or unknown main jet in it

*stock 32.5 pilot
*airscrew @ 1.5 turns out to start, tune airscrew for highest idle, 1/2 turns either direction allowing 20-30 seconds for engine to "catch up" to the new air/fuel ratio turning the airscrew produces
*stock needle on middle clip setting
* buy 270 thru 310 genuine Mikuni main jets, and a 6 pack of B8ES plugs, start large and plug chop down until plug chops read a nice milk chocolate brown smoke ring: https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

I'm @ 1800' elevation, similar setups here liked the 290 and 300 mains, and up one size for temps under 50 down into the 30's

Reactions: WRE_Blaster
IMG_3061[1].JPG
IMG_3062[1].JPG

these are what my main and pilot jets look like what kind of cab is it I know it's a mikuni but it has no id number on it

Attachments

• IMG_3065[1].JPG
    IMG_3065[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_E3066[1].JPG
    IMG_E3066[1].JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 115

*stock 32.5 pilot
*airscrew @ 1.5 turns out to start, tune airscrew for highest idle, 1/2 turns either direction allowing 20-30 seconds for engine to "catch up" to the new air/fuel ratio turning the airscrew produces
* buy 270 thru 310 genuine Mikuni main jets, and a 6 pack of B8ES plugs, start large and plug chop down until plug chops read a nice milk chocolate brown smoke ring: https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

I'm @ 1800' elevation, similar setups here liked the 290 and 300 mains, and up one size for temps under 50 down into the 30's

I have some pictures of my jets and my carb is it stock I am not sure?

That is not a stock carb, the fuel inlet and the oil injection inlets are in different spots, and the idle screw is angled upwards (stock screw goes in parallel)
I don't know what that is, but it's not the stock carb

That is not a stock carb, the fuel inlet and the oil injection inlets are in different spots, and the idle screw is angled upwards (stock screw goes in parallel)
I don't know what that is, but it's not the stock carb

Could you tell me what is the name of the mikuni carb that comes stock for a 1999 blaster I have tried looking around but I keep coming up with different ones and thanks for all your help.

*stock 32.5 pilot

hey i was wondering where should i start when i start plug choping with testing the main jest i got the ones you told me to get or shuld i start from270 and go up or go 310 and work my way down would it be safer to work my way down considering the top end just got rebuilt

Did you ever figure out what that carb is from or what it is I picked up a blaster today for the motor and I have the exact same carb it’s def different then my 04 carb and 02 carb though

Did you ever figure out what that carb is from or what it is I picked up a blaster today for the motor and I have the exact same carb it’s def different then my 04 carb and 02 carb though
i just ended up buying a new carb what i was told is the mikuni vm26-606 carb is the stock carb all you have to do is pput a new pilot and find the main jet you need.my old carb didn't even have numbers on the jets so i didn't want to chance it considering i just rebuilt my blaster

Reactions: Ryan Rochette
Hmmmm. Just make sure to plug chop to confirm your good on the jetting so you don't fry your topend. The other 26mm carbs ussualy do not have any of the correct parts inside. Like the slide, needle and needle jet

ALWAYS start large and work your way down. It’s better to leave a horse in the barn than to push all of them back to the barn. Running slightly rich won’t hurt anything

Hmmmm. Just make sure to plug chop to confirm your good on the jetting so you don't fry your topend. The other 26mm carbs ussualy do not have any of the correct parts inside. Like the slide, needle and needle jet
Do you know what slide and needle and needle jet is stock?

It's in your repair manual if you have one.
I don't recall 100 percent off hand . haven't run a stock for years. Can get you the numbers later