i have a question about my vw gti

d.shook3

Dec 15, 2010
west virginia
i have came to the conclusion that the mass air flow sensor is bad when plugged in the car will start and then die if i unplug it will run fine will it cause any damage if i drive with it unhooked til the new one comes

first off what year ????
if mkII ??? is this the brown connector down on the airbox/fuel distributor
i had troubles with it once, my Jetta GLI would idle up and down continuously and i was told it was that sensor, i didnt replace it right away, but did fix it one day.... took a 130 mph run down this back highway tryin to bury the speedo at 140, but ran out of room, when i got back home it wasnt doing it's idle dance, and never did it again

my other experience with most sensors are when they are bad, the car will run full rich, so no harm but very sh*tty fuel milage

first off what year ????
if mkII ??? is this the brown connector down on the airbox/fuel distributor
i had troubles with it once, my Jetta GLI would idle up and down continuously and i was told it was that sensor, i didnt replace it right away, but did fix it one day.... took a 130 mph run down this back highway tryin to bury the speedo at 140, but ran out of room, when i got back home it wasnt doing it's idle dance, and never did it again

my other experience with most sensors are when they are bad, the car will run full rich, so no harm but very sh*tty fuel milage

What awk said....just curious....what year and what motor....

yeah its def gonna run rich without it pluged in... same thing as the o2 sensor being bad the car doesnt know how much fuel it actually needs so it just keeps dumping it in