Will I Have to Rejet My Blaster If I Install an Oil Injector Block-Off Kit?

Kos92

Jul 23, 2007
Massachusetts
Hi Folks,

It's been a looonnnggg time since I've been on this forum, or kept up with the moto-world! But I have to say, it feels great to be back!

Anyways, I'm considering installing an oil injector block-off kit since my blaster is getting up there in age. I've read some mixed opinions about jetting after the install. I guess, put simply, will I possibly have to re-jet if I choose to run the stock 24:1 gas/oil ratio? Could be a dumb question, so forgive me.

Thank you

Where did you get the info that the ratio is 24:1 ?

What mods do you have? What’s your riding style?
Read up on how to plug chop.

You can actually fine tune your A/F with your fuel mix.

Where did you get the info that the ratio is 24:1 ?

What mods do you have? What’s your riding style?
Read up on how to plug chop.

You can actually fine tune your A/F with your fuel mix.

Thanks for following up. My only engine modifications are an FMF Fatty / Power Core II, running a 270 main jet. I mostly ride trails, so nothing too extreme. I found the oil/gas ratio information in a Clymer manual I bought for the Blaster many years ago. I know how to plug chop and may resort to that. Have you heard differently about the stock oil injector mixing ratio?

My old brain doesn’t work that good anymore
I’ve never looked that up in the Clymers . I’m a big fan of more oil. But if you do you might have to increase the main jet for proper A/F ratio, which is not the same as oil mix ratio.
I’ve seen on Fakebook page where riding style determines oil ratio. The harder you ride the more oil you should use.

In the OG Banshee owners manual they recommend 20:1 break in and 24:1 running.

Decades ago there was an dyno oil test in a magazine that showed you actually made more power with more oil.