Homemade grab bar? Look to tacky or is it ok? Opinions please! :P

riderz_613

May 21, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hey Gang...

When I bought my Blasty it did not have a grab bar or tailight or any place to put a plate.. which is needed around here to be legit..

So.. I priced them and thought WOW. Decided to use 2 metal peices of tube stock and a C channel bar and make one with materials lying around.. Also bought a LED light from Candian tire and it works great! And draws less power! :) With a little fabbing I made up a tailight mount too..

Actually took about 4 hours to make.. it was my first fab project over and because of the offside of the grab bar mounts it took alot of heating and bending to make.

Check it out let me know if it deserves to stay on?

Attachments

• P5310096.jpg
    P5310096.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 249
  • P6010115.jpg
    P6010115.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 242
  • P6010110.JPG
    P6010110.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 272
Thanks for all the Feedback! :) Makes me kinda proud of it now! I thought it looked decent.. I may go and put a flag mount on it someday who knows.

Thanks guys though your a huge help with my confidense did not think I could make one honestly.

lol I could.. probally be quicker and much nicer the second time... it always is lol

Not hard though in a way long as you got a good torch... some good hammers.. and a good Iron flat surface? and a Mid welder? your set..
This one has its flaws but its like indistructable ... serious.. your not bending this one.. I did it for the wheelie factor.. :p Also working up on a nice spark block for it too right now :)

Yeah? I was thinking on that but did not know if I could go that far and still make it look ok.. not sure who knows let me know if you do I would love to see it! Thanks for the comment bro!

Does it deserve a Rep Point? lol Please? anyone.. lol haha

Reactions: ajames942
I:ILooks good!!! it's nice to look at something that YOU built on your ride. sure you could have bought one, but you made it. i made a light bar for my jeep, and everytime i look at it, i don't see the $200 lights, i see the $15 worth of material and MY fab-work!!! great job, dude!!!

Totally here ya there Smoke20!!!! I do appreciate it alot.. and the feedback from the forum.. has now pumped me up..And I totally here ya on your light bar... i never fabbed something up before to be honest with you... well maybe an exhaust.. but I bought a Mig welder recently... Metal folder thingy?? i forget whats it called its bolted to my bench .. I got it at a local discount place.. and its help bend metal.. and picked up grinders and cutt off saw.. lol

So next is a pipe bender..

So after all this feedback..
I am going to made a front bumper, Air scoops, rework the grab bar again lol got some ideas to add. and maybe future Nef bars as well..

Thanks for all the feedback though!

Thanks guys!

Underwaterboy82, Yeah I got some ideas he he... some good ones. )
Got pics of yours by chance I would love to see em? promise I wont copy just love see fabs now lol..

I scored too I got a Master craftsman aluminum welder next to me and he is going to be helping me make some stuff too soon! :)

thanks for the input everyone!

Reactions: Braapbraap95
I got a tail light just like that at walmart for $5 i just put on today:) As for the grab bar..looks good. My buddy I bought my blasty from cut it shorter as well as the exhaust so it dosent hit when (if) you go to far back