high rev?

When you find the leak please inform.I have a slight leek somewhere but have not found it as well.Mine also hesitates to come back down to idle.Just a slight surge but would like it to run smoother.

Did you put the end of the gearbox breather into a cup of water to see if any pressure was getting past the crank seal?

When you find the leak please inform.I have a slight leek somewhere but have not found it as well.Mine also hesitates to come back down to idle.Just a slight surge but would like it to run smoother.

A slight hesitation can be caused by a incorrecty adjusted idle, creating a lean mix.

Is my mind messing with me, or was a post deleted for some reason.

Rich answered but somehow his post has gone.

I have also noticed that some words have appeared in my posts, that I have never typed. Without any advice of editing.

I trust that if it had been done by a mod, there would have been some sort of explanation as to why it had been done.

Seems a bit fishy to me.

Is there a hacker at work here, maybee the mods could look into it.

Yeah I deleated that blaaster.Good info like I said.But I was going to ask a question about it and the reason I deleated was I was thinking and wondering would this trouble shoot tecknique also work under the preasure of the motor running or would I need to use a leak down tester as I dont have one and with bad economy hear in the states Ive been out of work to afford one.Believe me I wish I had one.Got this carb dialed as well as its going to get with a larger pilot to try and compensate for the air leak.Its minuete but just enouph to get that surge when getting off throttle.I have also went as far as digging a little deeper and making sure I was getting adequate fuel in bowl and polishing the bore and sanding down any rouph spots do to poor manufactureing like I mensioned a while back ago?lol..But I did ad some pics that showes what I am talking about so its a bit clearer.Its what a lot of people had to do with this particular carb mostly when running them an a banshee.All those elimination steps have been gone threw now there has to be air comming from somewhere.

Yeah I deleated that blaaster.Good info like I said.But I was going to ask a question about it and the reason I deleated was I was thinking and wondering would this trouble shoot tecknique also work under the preasure of the motor running or would I need to use a leak down tester as I dont have one and with bad economy hear in the states Ive been out of work to afford one.Believe me I wish I had one.Got this carb dialed as well as its going to get with a larger pilot to try and compensate for the air leak.Its minuete but just enouph to get that surge when getting off throttle.I have also went as far as digging a little deeper and making sure I was getting adequate fuel in bowl and polishing the bore and sanding down any rouph spots do to poor manufactureing like I mensioned a while back ago?lol..But I did ad some pics that showes what I am talking about so its a bit clearer.Its what a lot of people had to do with this particular carb mostly when running them an a banshee.All those elimination steps have been gone threw now there has to be air comming from somewhere.

Thank goodness you deleted the post, I was worring for a moment that I had an attack of old timers disease.

To try to compensate for an air leak by changing your jetting, is like pissing against the wind, it's gonna get you.

You will chase your tail forever as the air leak may only get worse.

A 2 stroke must, and I repeat, must be leak free, otherwise BOOM!

If you want to guarentee that the AFR is correct, a wise thing to do is to scrimp on the luxuries of life and purchase a life saving leak down tester.

air leak plus inaccurate jetting equals this:
2012-04-21175209.jpg

new vs. old.

outta my bike!

If you have spoge from the exhaust, either where the pipe meets the flange or flange to motor, that can and will cause that surging! Experience here, i leaktested my son's motor once a month chasing a surge, it was air tight, however my right bend was a spooge mizer! Now i have the o-ringed toomey and love it! I:I

that leakdown tester would've most likely saved that motor. before you tear it apart, leak test it, diagnose WHY it blew up, then assess the damage