high rev?

Aug 4, 2011
Elkhart,IN
well got me a new blaster last nigh for cheap but it has a problem i cant seem to fix. i start the quad and it wont idle then i tap the gas couple times and all the sudden it will start reving really high without me doing anything i have to shut it off because it never idles back down. i have cleaned the carb replaced air filter with uni i had laying aroung and o the old one was caked with dirt and there was some visible dirt in carb the hole bike is stock except for uni air filter.

o yea and on other thing i did disconnect the tors system by unplugging the wire from the main little box and disconnected the throttle safety thing and the tors on the carb. it did help a little but it still does it any help greatly appreciated o the jets are 230 main and i think 32.5 pilot

dont know how to check slide and i have tryed to mess with idle screw and it just makes it die if i turn it to low i have checked reeds they are sitting flat against cage and there is no chips at all thats about it

dont know how to check slide and i have tryed to mess with idle screw and it just makes it die if i turn it to low i have checked reeds they are sitting flat against cage and there is no chips at all thats about it

Ok you got the tors disabled good start.

The next thing you need to do is pull the air box off and then look at the carbs throat and see if the barrel slide is fully seating.If it is you need to verify the air leak you will most certainly have and fix it.

is this thing modded at all?

230/32.5 are stock jetting specs.Even a poopy DG pipe will need a main jet swap so if its piped stop riding for sure until you rejet.

Use map gas in a pinch or even soapy dish water to pin point vacuum leaks.

The leak down testers are a must but in a pinch map gas or soapy water will work.

ok ill go check the barrel right now and no no mods as far as i can tell stock reeds pipe not sure about piston as i havnt pulled head but i dont think you need to rejet for a piston?? and so what your saying is to start it and spray soapy water around exhaust intake and head and cylinder base as well case halfs? how should i do this if its reving to hell and back?? sorry if these are stupid qs still getting my feet wet with engines

by leak tester and leaktest the otor. wont do you any good spraying soapy water without air bieng inside the motor. Iti sucking air in not blowing oout there for you wont see any bubbles.i

looked down throat of carb and throttle appears to be seating all the way. guess somehow im going to have to get ahold of a leak tester. im kinda crafty with my hands so i may try to build one

The soapy water will choke the idle down if its sucking in the map gas will raise the idle.

Id leave the stock jetting in there if all you have is an air filter.

I dont see it really being beneficial to raise the jetting for that.

wouldnt sucking water into the engine hurt it even more? just a q and unfortunatly i dont have access to map gas

Youre not dousing the engine youre spraying a fine mist.

And you listen to the idle while spraying the engine mating surfaces.

But id definately build the leak down then you know for sure.And it will pay for its self the first time it saves you a topend.I:I

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: