Help needed

Impulse986

Sep 9, 2009
Poughkeepsie ,New York
Won't run without throttle held , carb adjusted , reeds good same compression as my running blaster , has spark air box lid off , good gas new oil , possible top end? Stock main jet not numbered , carb cleaned

i have a cap for 15$ shipped if you want it.
cap011.jpg

cap012.jpg

Could be the airscrew adjustment, start at 1.5 turn out and turn it out from there to see if that solvs the problem. Is your pilot jet clear, it may be plugged...pull it and see if you can see daylight through the jet.

Adjust the mixture ran better , drove around the block no powerband used plug from mint blaster , 93 octane 32:1 octane booster starts 1 kick psi at 80 ,mint blaster at 83 , stock everything , possible top end? Suggestions? This one has a stock pipe , best way to check reeds?

Adjust the mixture ran better , drove around the block no powerband used plug from mint blaster , 93 octane 32:1 octane booster starts 1 kick psi at 80 ,mint blaster at 83 , stock everything , possible top end? Suggestions? This one has a stock pipe , best way to check reeds?

you need a rebuild 80 psi is way to low

So why does my 04 with brand new top end have a 3 psi difference , am I suppose to kick it until it doesn't get any higher? Never done compression test b4 , stats based on 1 good kick

Mine good bike never droped , problem blaster went down in time , I've been trying to tell my buddy it needs a topend , he's fighting it trying anything n everything before , does anyone have a bored top end that just needs a new piston , I paid for the bike he's gonna pay it off , busts his ass 14 hrs a day just to pay his bills , trying not to kill him in. Price for a nice running bike machine shops gonna be pricey

If it starts on the first kick I doubt the topend is shot, just probably not holding the throttle opened for the test.

Bone stock blasters are not known for having a noticeable peak in the power band due to the substandard pipe and de-tuned head design. They are one of the few "performance" two strokes that can achieve major gains with a simple head mod.