help . carb question ??

Sounds like you decided on the PWK28? Hell of a carb and here is a nice deal you might be interested in. 2007 YZ85 CARBURETOR KEIHIN 28MM PWK : eBay Motors (item 170553919296 end time Oct-24-10 07:17:39 PDT) Will prob sell for about 60. The nice thing about a PWK off a dirtbike like this one is the vertical vent lines. Also the new PWK I bought from an aftermarket source last year had the idle speed screw on the right side of the carb, kind of a pain. Likely you would have to rejet, but you will have to do that with a new one anyway. Add a cable and you are set.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have to jet it for your application and then you have to rejet every time you change airflow into or out of the engine

can someone tell me if i can run the DG PWK 28 mm Keihin carb without changing jets ? if so whats jets do i need ? i wanna order them now but dont know what i need .

i'd start with a 140 main and 48 pilot, which may be what's in it if you're lucky, yoou always have to check though

there are great stickies on jetting and plug chops

the jets will have the size stamped on them. basically they're a flow restriction. bigger ones let more fuel in, smaller ones allow less fuel to pass

can u explain to me how the jets work? how do i kno what size they r ?

the different size jets have different size holes in them that allow more or less fuel in. bigger jet has a bigger hole wich lets more fuel in. the numbers are stamped right on them. the act of changing jets is simple as can be. my 9yr old daughter can do it. I:I

ok got it , thanks so much noober . ur the only one that explains to me everything . lol . so which size would u recommend ?

ok got it , thanks so much noober . ur the only one that explains to me everything . lol . so which size would u recommend ?

brando is very knowlegeable i like his 140 recomendation I:I but liek they said you need to learn how to do plug chops to read your plug. it is a pain in the ass at first but you will get the hang of it. :D