help . carb question ??

fxchris

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, Fl
hey guys i wanna purchase the DG PJ 34 mm Keihin ATV Carburetor Kit. just wondering is that a good carb ? also will it connect to the TORS or is the TORS eliminated cause it comes with throttle cable? my blaster is completely stock this carb is my first mod . reason im buying this carb cuz i bought my blaster with the carb missing screws n stuff .if the TORS is eliminated how would idle be adjusted ?

ok also. my blaster still has the oil injecton . i wanna remove that also n make it premix . does this carb come premix ready also ?

ok also. my blaster still has the oil injecton . i wanna remove that also n make it premix . does this carb come premix ready also ?

all carbs are capeable of running premix, not all carbs have oil injection hookups which a 34mm pj does not. so premix yes, oil injection no. the idle is controlled by a little knob on the side of the carb. i run a 34mm pj with the mods listed in my sig and it does awesome, with just a stock motor i think its a bit too much carb but if you take the airbox lid off that will help get more air flowing. im thinking you will be in the 135-140 range on your main jet with a big carb like that but you are going to have to check and do proper plug chops to get it dialed.

ok got it . and what premix ratio should i use? i want a safe ratio that i aint gonna blow anything . how about if i get a uni filter or a better filter without taking off the lid .would that work ?

ok got it . and what premix ratio should i use? i want a safe ratio that i aint gonna blow anything . how about if i get a uni filter or a better filter without taking off the lid .would that work ?

32-1 is the ideal mix in my opinion. a better airfilter might help a LITTLE but the issue is a stock blaster carb is 26mm, you now want to put a 34mm on there without changing anything. that is a huuuuge jump in size so i think you are going to have a tough time with it unless you can get some more air flowing to help but even then a 34mm is a big ass carb. why you set on a 34mm? getting a great deal on it or something? a 28mm or a 30mm would be a better choice for a unmodded engine.

cause i want some performance gains if imma spend money on a new carb . and dennis kirk only has 28mm and 34mm . how about 30mm would it be easier to run a 30mm ?

cause i want some performance gains if imma spend money on a new carb . and dennis kirk only has 28mm and 34mm . how about 30mm would it be easier to run a 30mm ?

yes it would, its not about how easy it is its about if your motor can support the extra fuel getting dumped into it. am i sounding like a dick? because im really not trying to im just trying to help ya out. like i said before look at my list of mods, ported. stroker crank, no lid ect... and the 34mm might even be a tiny bit big for me. now if yo uplan on doing some motor work in the near future you could get the 34mm and and grow into it lol. I:I I:I but on a stock engine a 30mm would be a far better choice. hell ive seen stroked motors running 30mm's and loving it. how much you going to pay for the carb? some nice reeds would be a better gain on a stock motor.

lol naw your not sounding like a dick at all . i need the info . thanks so much for helping me out. alright so il stick with the 28mm then . yea i dont ever want to be heavily modified , just a carb , pipe and some reeds and il be satisfied . do u know any other website where they got the carbs ? cuz dennis kirk has the 28mm out of stock . also is the 28mm carb premix ready and it doesnt need the TORS just like the 34mm ?

lol naw your not sounding like a dick at all . i need the info . thanks so much for helping me out. alright so il stick with the 28mm then . yea i dont ever want to be heavily modified , just a carb , pipe and some reeds and il be satisfied . do u know any other website where they got the carbs ? cuz dennis kirk has the 28mm out of stock . also is the 28mm carb premix ready and it doesnt need the TORS just like the 34mm ?

lol ok one more time hahaa, all carbs are designed to support premix but not all carbs have a oil injection nipple to run oil injection. so ALL CARBS CAN RUN PREMIX!!!! hahaha comprende??? lol :D :D :D i just sent you a visitor message about a member here who has a 30mm for sale for 50 bones if you are interested. his name is surferjag shoot him a pm and see if he still has it. oh and no other carb besides stock yamaha will use teh TORS

ok thanks again super noober . yeaa i comprende now . just making sure . n naw i rather purchase it brand new .and i wanna stick with 28mm just to be safe, cuz i wont be getting another mod for a while . i just bought the bike yesterday .also do u know any other websites thatll sell the carbs for the blaster ?

ok thanks again super noober . yeaa i comprende now . just making sure . n naw i rather purchase it brand new .and i wanna stick with 28mm just to be safe, cuz i wont be getting another mod for a while . i just bought the bike yesterday .also do u know any other websites thatll sell the carbs for the blaster ?

ebay has these oko carbs, everybody that has em seems to like them.

BLASTER NEW KEIHIN PWK CARB OKO 30MM CARBURETOR 30 : eBay Motors (item 220682341589 end time Nov-11-10 17:35:54 PST)

or these mabey the same thing, i cant tell..

28MM D slide Carb for Yamaha Blaster: eBay Motors (item 230541118935 end time Oct-24-10 10:16:08 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
you do what you want dude its your money haha I:I but in all honesty the oko is a good carb and its a keihin clone, it even uses the keihin jets. i would buy surferjags and get some boyesen power reeds with the extra lol I:I. but if you gotta have the brand new keihin just google it and im sure some other dealers will pop up.

yeah it fits into the stock boot on both sides. its a little tight but it fits. this is why i had it in the 1st place. had to do major modifications to get the 36mm in there though...

and will that carb fit perfect into that boot that goes to the air box perfect ?

im sure its a tight fit, i had my 34mm in my stock intake for a while you just use a dremmel to sand it as needed so im sure you can do the same for the airbox tube also if needed. a 28mm probally would be more of a direct fit so i guess its what you want more. if it were me i would go with the 30mm carb and get some nice reeds to go along with it and remove my airbox lid. you would be quite surprised what that little bit of work can gain ya.