help . carb question ??

you can't just say ok, i'll run these jets just because they came in the carb and hope that its ok without checking it.

jets-maybe 5 bucks each
plugs- 2 bucks each

top end rebuild 200+

please do some reading and save yourself from the "my blaster blew up and i'm selling it" conundrum that most people land themselves in

you can't just say ok, i'll run these jets just because they came in the carb and hope that its ok without checking it.

jets-maybe 5 bucks each
plugs- 2 bucks each

top end rebuild 200+

please do some reading and save yourself from the "my blaster blew up and i'm selling it" conundrum that most people land themselves in

yeaa i get u . well how do u check ? by doing the spark plug check procedure or what ?

yes. you're aiming for a nice cardboard brown color.

and don't forget, new plug after every chop, or it'll be difficult to impossible to get a read

Sounds like you decided on the PWK28? Hell of a carb and here is a nice deal you might be interested in. 2007 YZ85 CARBURETOR KEIHIN 28MM PWK : eBay Motors (item 170553919296 end time Oct-24-10 07:17:39 PDT) Will prob sell for about 60. The nice thing about a PWK off a dirtbike like this one is the vertical vent lines. Also the new PWK I bought from an aftermarket source last year had the idle speed screw on the right side of the carb, kind of a pain. Likely you would have to rejet, but you will have to do that with a new one anyway. Add a cable and you are set.

Thats some sharp stuff your talking there dude... Interesting also, i been looking into bigger carbs just need more info for my set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright i think i got it pretty much . imma order the carb later on tonight . il have it in next week. also i got another question what throttle cable do i get ?

a motion pro would work just make sure its for the keihin carbs. or a plain ole tors delete cable works too. the tors delete cable has nothing to do with the tors its just a cable.

alright perfect imma go with the motion pro . so im about to order and i got the carb and cable in basket . anything else i need ?

alright . yea i saw the procedure it doesnt seem to hard i think i got it . ok those are all main jet sizes . do i need to get a pilot jet kit also ?