Hatfeild Mccoy vid..man we should all go!!

Boostfed

Nov 27, 2009
Greene County Pa.
www.saintgamers.com
heres a basic layout...it will give you an idea on how big this place is..

give you an idea of what summer is like..

some riding...hill climbs and other links that were decent.
slate dumps
slate dumps

funny sh*t,

ive spoken to people at work about this place.. best time to go is definitely summer when there's not so much rain..

Its a monster as far as size...and if anyone has friends with 4x4 quads.. invite them lol..
it would be great to have a bunch of blaster owners there.. my friend took his wife on her TRX 125 ( 2x4 ) and rode 90% of the place in a summer.. they lived right next to one of the main branches of Hatfield..

here's some other info..for lodging,rentals and extra stuff.. camping is all over and came with cabins etc.. me i'd go either way..i like ruffin it..but thats just me..spend my money on parts id be able to get cheap there..

Hatfield and McCoy Trails - Hatfield-McCoy Trails Official Web Site- Home Page

for those of you whom like to fish etc.. they have year round NATIVE trout and bass..

would be the sh*t to go.. im open all summer.. just got to give the boss a heads up 2 months in advance.. im already taking a 2 days for aug.. gives me 9 more days!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, this is a must do! I've heard of this place but never been!!!! I have 3 weeks of vacation this year. I have to take one week before March and another one the week of Aug. 25th but that leaves 7 days to do what ever!

dude u are like obsessed with HMC.....have u eve been there?.....wondering who has and how they likes it....im going this year.....well next year (2010).....i think my 400ex will go good there sense thats one of the quads they used in there advertisements

ive driven by it..lol.. i have friends and family that have been... but honestly man.. my old lady and son both got the flu.. i was stuck up all night taking care of them till 6am and got bored.. so i did a lil research on it..

yea if my friends wife can ride most of it on a trx 125..cmon.. thats like doing it on an electric scooter with balloon tires.

I went to the Buffalo Mt. Branch of the Hatfield McCoy system june 2009, I stayed at the Hatfield McCoy inn ...Cathey McCoy is very nice and accomodating Hatfield-McCoy Resort - Hatfield-McCoy Trail System Buffalo Mountain - Matewan Virginia

I was on my trusty kdx200 along with my brother from PA I brought my xt350 for him to ride and my nieghbor and his sons drz400 cr85 big wheel, and trx 230 and polaris sportsman 500..

The trails where challanging for me as I had not yet done the shimstack mod to my forks, but it was a good time, be warned though there is no gas up in these trails and you should travel in groups, drop offs over the mountain are serveral hundred feet to thousands of feet at the nasty switch backs (very tight) steep up hill and down hill sections littered with basketball size rocks and that is labeled beginer trails the more technical trails are bolder trails and really tough (mostley for motorcycles ha ha).
The trails are signed pretty well but you could get lost easily.
we took of from Matewan WV on a trip to Williamson (the trails go between towns) and it took us 5 1/2 hrs one way so we drove the road back and it took about 1/2 hr. we lost the cr85 bottom end (2 stroke pinned open in top gear not good) which I rebuilt upon return to Ga (the crank big end bearing had flown out the pipe because it was no where to be found)
I would get up to speed on my kdx then clutch it and coast over and over on the way back on the street.

any questions please ask and check out the link the McCoys are great people and the inn was great to party on the patio in the evenings

also blasters would need some soft suspension and def extra fuel 5gal + dig out that oil tank and mount for more fuel...I had 2.8 gal in my kdx and was sweating it when we got to Williamson....I had to use gas station crap weed eater 2T oil!! I mixed it with 93 oct

No fuel means trouble for me.lol I would have to bring atleast 15 gallons and travel to VA with it.Unless somewhere in VA had it for less than $9 a gallon.lol Looks like a nice place to ride trails,I still want to see some sand though.

Ive been there to the rockhouse system we rode 200 miles in 3 days best riding ever plus gorgeous views

These are great vids and info. As far as fueling goes could you not backpack a small conatiner of two smoke oil to do a mix at a gas station?

I went to the Buffalo Mt. Branch of the Hatfield McCoy system june 2009, I stayed at the Hatfield McCoy inn ...Cathey McCoy is very nice and accomodating Hatfield-McCoy Resort - Hatfield-McCoy Trail System Buffalo Mountain - Matewan Virginia

I was on my trusty kdx200 along with my brother from PA I brought my xt350 for him to ride and my nieghbor and his sons drz400 cr85 big wheel, and trx 230 and polaris sportsman 500..

The trails where challanging for me as I had not yet done the shimstack mod to my forks, but it was a good time, be warned though there is no gas up in these trails and you should travel in groups, drop offs over the mountain are serveral hundred feet to thousands of feet at the nasty switch backs (very tight) steep up hill and down hill sections littered with basketball size rocks and that is labeled beginer trails the more technical trails are bolder trails and really tough (mostley for motorcycles ha ha).
The trails are signed pretty well but you could get lost easily.
we took of from Matewan WV on a trip to Williamson (the trails go between towns) and it took us 5 1/2 hrs one way so we drove the road back and it took about 1/2 hr. we lost the cr85 bottom end (2 stroke pinned open in top gear not good) which I rebuilt upon return to Ga (the crank big end bearing had flown out the pipe because it was no where to be found)
I would get up to speed on my kdx then clutch it and coast over and over on the way back on the street.

any questions please ask and check out the link the McCoys are great people and the inn was great to party on the patio in the evenings

How do you like your KDX200? I want one so bad !!

Reactions: tyler1blaster