Happy Veterans Day to all who serve!

slickerthanyou

Dec 23, 2009
I know we have a bunch of members who sacrifice there time and lives so we can ride free!

Thank you for your service and God Bless!

-Slick

This needs a "like" button. Lol.

God Bless our military personell! While I am not personally in the military (I got into the fire service instead), my dad and both grandfathers have served. I am very thanful to those who have served or are serving our country.

Don't mention it fellas. I didn't mind givin up 4 yrs too bad. lol now if you could just talk my boss into givin me the day off paid!!

To all my brothers and sister's Navy, Army, Air Force, Marine Corp, Coast Guard, DOD Civil Service, active, reserve, retired serving around the world, thank you for all that you have done!!! I am proud to say I have served 16 years and have 4 more to go!!! Thank you to all that support the troops, we couldn't have done it without your support!!! To all that have given their lives for the great Country that we live in, your sacrifice has given us our freedom, Thank you all!!! R.I.P Dad and all others who fought for our freedom!!! I am almost home!!!!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!

To all my brothers and sister's Navy, Army, Air Force, Marine Corp, Coast Guard, DOD Civil Service, active, reserve, retired serving around the world, thank you for all that you have done!!! I am proud to say I have served 16 years and have 4 more to go!!! Thank you to all that support the troops, we couldn't have done it without your support!!! To all that have given their lives for the great Country that we live in, your sacrifice has given us our freedom, Thank you all!!! R.I.P Dad and all others who fought for our freedom!!! I am almost home!!!!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!

thanks for the service!!!!!

Good thread to see Slick. I never served but couldn't be prouder of my step daughter how just finished up MOS about 3 weeks ago. She's going the career route, currently in the ROTC Scholarship program. 6 years of college then 6 years to the service, counting her 1 of deferred enlistment and she'll be 30 years old likely be an O3 and 7 years from retirement age. Unfortunately it's not like it everywhere but here in the mountains someone who wears a uniform gets a special kind of respect.

Good thread to see Slick. I never served but couldn't be prouder of my step daughter how just finished up MOS about 3 weeks ago. She's going the career route, currently in the ROTC Scholarship program. 6 years of college then 6 years to the service, counting her 1 of deferred enlistment and she'll be 30 years old likely be an O3 and 7 years from retirement age. Unfortunately it's not like it everywhere but here in the mountains someone who wears a uniform gets a special kind of respect.

That's Great! And yes, I agree with ya, it's a shame to see veterans unemployed and some even living under a bridge, They give everything and get nothing back sometimes! America isn't all that!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!

Yes sir thanks for your continued service!

you guys say happy veterans day? that is a different approach. Up here it is remembrance day, and is approached differently I guess.

Regardless, I am thankful for all the Canadian boys that have risked their lives for our country

Are you kidding? I did it for the fun of it. They paid me to shoot!

299_29378835802_6935_n.jpg

This is my daughter and her husband at Canada's Royal Military College.

205804_503096395350_3183_n.jpg

And her in her LAV.

62834_509098556970_4011578_n.jpg

62444_509098676730_3045328_n.jpg

I am thankful for everything the Army gave to me. It truly was an adventure and some of the best times of my life, and let me know my closest friends.

My son-in-law drove around Afghanistan alone with an Afghan Major for a year, brokering peace with remote villages.
My daughter was in charge of the orderly relocation out of Afghanistan.

To see how others are living, to know hunger and hardship first hand, makes you appreciate this great life we have here.
I say Grace from the depth of my heart for the good food we eat, thank God for the roof over my head and that I can sleep in peace.
We have a wonderful life here, never take it for granted.

Courage is not a lack of fear, it is moving forward in the face of fear because there is a job to be done.

Steve

I'm currently enlisted and I have to say I wouldn't be what I am today without it, the military changed my lifestyle and the path I was headed, I get paid to do what I love...turn wrenches!! granted I work on antiquated equipment at times but less electrical issues to chase, I am a lifer and I will retire at 42, one thing I would like to voice is my issues is I'm worried about is the way they are cutting money to our services but the fat boys on the hill getting their quarter mil a yr and were the ones risking our necks, I don't do it for the money, we don't make a lot, but we get by, anyone that serves knows what I'm talking about I will tell anyone that asks it was the best decision I ever made and they should try it if u don't like it u served ur term and move onto bigger and better things, the military can really change ur life for the good, I'm currently up for 1st class, I'm the chief engineer on my own boat and all I can say is if u join u will work the hardest u ever have in ur life and do things u would only dream of see places people pay thousands to vacation at. I know this is late but been busy with inspections and haven't been on a whole lot.

happy Veterans Day!!!

I got my free bloomin onion!