got a 2001 yz 250 for my blaster

hey man, how hard was it for you to get a hold of the guy at chassis fab? its so damn hard. i need my a-arms soon for my first race and have told him this. ugh!

he did tell me hes building you a rear swinger? whens the last time you talked to him? i never thought buying something would be this stressful haha

just text that number on the website.....he's working at his shop at his hose now and he gets bad service there. he always responds to text but doesnt always get the calls.

just text that number on the website.....he's working at his shop at his hose now and he gets bad service there. he always responds to text but doesnt always get the calls.

well i shot him a txt a little after you posted this and still nothing. hmm, i guess ill keep blowing up his phone. im kind of relying on him, my old set up is sold.

little update.....blaster still running like a raped ape but ive been having some cooling issues. havent been able to ride very long without it overheating and blowing coolant out of the overflow tube, turns out i had 2 bad radiator caps and seems to be running cooler. not sure if the lower rad hose is leaking or if the water pump seal is leaking, im still tinkering with that. made some modifications to the kicker to miss the frame so now i can get a full kick on it. had to make another bracket for the end of the head pipe where it meets the silencer because the slincer pipe kept vibrating too much. been replacing bolts and tinkering with it and i almost have all the rattling out of it and it sounds much much better. finally got around to ordering the rest of the parts to fix my wheel and also got some green rings for the rears, still need a couple more rings to finish the wheels out.

i really need to figure out a stator so i can run a cooling fan and some lights....anybody have any ideas or who i could contact to help me figure it out??

couple of pics from the sand bar yesterday

rm73x3.jpg

vr6ayw.jpg

lovin the quad man ... always have. If I don't cheap out and vote for myself your gettin my vote for BOTM. Anyway good luck and sweeeeet hybridI:I

man i want your bike just in orange and black lol. its prob best looking on the forum and fastest trail bikes.

I'm going to try rewinding my WR light coil for more power. I can make a template of the metal plates & maybe you can make your own. The mounting bosses should already be on your stator plate.
They're gettin hard to find & spendy on ebay
Yam 94' wr250 stator [b-60] | eBay

here is what my stator plate looks like otis. do i need to buy the whole wr stator plate thats in that link? i have a radiator fan off a 06 yfz 450 that i would like to use because it has the mounts for it already on the radiator and it will be super easy to use. wonder if there is a way to use the wr stator and use a small battery to help out with lights and the cooling fan. cant you float the ground or something like that and use the sator to charge the battery?

90vmnn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
went riding a little bit earlier and seems my radiator is still leaking from the overflow tube, not near as bad as before but still a leak. i wonder if adding a overflow tank would help any?

Whats it from? i may copy you lol

me also. how do you like that silencer? also do you know if a 02 silencer will work on a 93. i have a dyno port fatty and i dont know if it is actually for 93 or old/new but i found a gytr silencer that says 02-11. i dont know what the difference is between 93-02 and 02-11 because a silencer is a silencer right?

Whats it from? i may copy you lol

its from a 01 yz 250.

me also. how do you like that silencer? also do you know if a 02 silencer will work on a 93. i have a dyno port fatty and i dont know if it is actually for 93 or old/new but i found a gytr silencer that says 02-11. i dont know what the difference is between 93-02 and 02-11 because a silencer is a silencer right?

its ok i guess, doesnt work very well with my application because just yesterday it vibrated the 4 bolts loose from the front mount that holds the outlet on and ended up ripping the bolts through the carbon fiber. it was an easy fix but im gonna be looking for a different pipe soon. not sure if the pipe would fit, i would imagine that the bends from the silencer are differnt and i will prolly bet that the ends that slide into the end of the head pipe are different. if the ends are the same i wouldnt see why you couldnt get it to work

here's a pic & some dimensions if you're considering switching to the older system. (Ya, the LED's don't belong there. Just one of my adventures) :)

wr250 stator info

stator plate dia. : 110mm

hole pattern dia. : 94mm

center hole dia. : 28mm

flywheel dia. : 100mm x 44mm tall (including shaft & rivet heads)

flywheel nut : 10mm
~
Trouble with photobucket ... pic is upsidedown now but may change ... lol
91yz250stator.jpg

thanks otis, im looking into trying to locate some parts from a newer wr to try and make something work. keep seeing people talking about e-line accesories make a stator kit and runs 100watts but i cant find it anywhere. every link that people connect to the thread doesnt come up to anything not even sure they make it anymore.

been having some cooling issues so i added a overflow bottle to help catch it because coolant aint cheap lol.....anyway bought a brand new radiator cap and added the tank and now its not leaking at all so i think i got it figured out. finally got around to cutting off one of the nerf mounts that didnt fit quite right and welded it back on in the right spot.

wvr4wk.jpg