got a 2001 yz 250 for my blaster

^^^u quit drinking the molson and get to work u might get something done son!

btw bro that bike is looking beast man, im hoping to start assy this weekend myself, still missing a few parts but will find them soon enough...im impressed man, way to be innovative on the hose, now just throw some black heat wrap on it and ur good to go! u have any shocks to sell let me know

Damn man they just get there today??? The tracking showed they delivered last week. Hey u can prolly use some stock yfz seals for the hubs

how has your dealings with chassis fab been? ill be ordering a set of arms from them to allow for 19.5" shocks

how has your dealings with chassis fab been? ill be ordering a set of arms from them to allow for 19.5" shocks

I would prolly buy from him again. I haven't gotten the other arms yet they should be here anyday. He does good work but I caught him at a bad time for my arms so it has taken awhile but I think he's got everything in order now.

got a few goodies in the mail this week. odi grips, 19x6x10 itp mxr6 holeshots for the front, the bolts for the rotors and a uni air filter with a outerwears cover. soon as the throttle cable gets here i will be firing it up

seems like your close. if everything goes good motor wise whats all needed to ride? a-arms

Yep motor is ready, ken did a full rebuild and porting on the motor so its all good. all i need are the arms and a throttle cable to ride. i need a cable to convert the yz cable from twist to thumb throttle, motion pro is building me a cable.

good idea on that, i personally think the twist of the wrist throttle is for dunes and racing, never been a fan of em. some people like em but i like the thumb throttle.

New arms are finally here and installed....arms look sick. he had to get the stickers custom made in green for the arms so they will be arriving later. he also hooked me up with a full pivot works bearing upper and lower a-arm kit and about 4 shirts and gonna get me a couple hoodies made in my colors. if you guys are looking for some one off parts you need to get ahold of lew at chasisincfab.com, took awhile to get my arms done but i can tell you they are worth the wait. he's looking into building some badass blaster parts so give him a shout. heres a couple pics for now, ill get some better ones tomorrow when i get it cleaned up. its been collecting dust for a couple months now so it needs a bath

296empd.jpg

33pebh5.jpg

1zbdslc.jpg

iyiqms.jpg

looks amazing! you are gonna LOVE the those fox shocks ...

they take a while to get tuned in, but after that they are amazing.

looks amazing! you are gonna LOVE the those fox shocks ...

they take a while to get tuned in, but after that they are amazing.

i hope so, ive heard nothing but good reviews on the floats so we will see. all this time and i have forgot to order a pump from fox so i can tune on em, gotta get that ordered tomorrow. i cant check the pressure in the cylinders to get my ride height set, seems to be setting a little low. even my rear shock is low. the dual rate spring is compressed with just the bike setting on so i think my little spring may need to be replaced??? anybody else have a dual rate shock and notice if your little spring is compressed or not with just the weight of the bike on it??? throttle cable should be here tuesday, and im gonna try and rig one up so i can get the break in done. i hope to be at the track next weekend i hope and get a few laps in. i been

i hope so, ive heard nothing but good reviews on the floats so we will see. all this time and i have forgot to order a pump from fox so i can tune on em, gotta get that ordered tomorrow. i cant check the pressure in the cylinders to get my ride height set, seems to be setting a little low. even my rear shock is low. the dual rate spring is compressed with just the bike setting on so i think my little spring may need to be replaced??? anybody else have a dual rate shock and notice if your little spring is compressed or not with just the weight of the bike on it??? throttle cable should be here tuesday, and im gonna try and rig one up so i can get the break in done. i hope to be at the track next weekend i hope and get a few laps in. i been

there should be a little sag when you are not sitting on the quad. about an inch, measure from the grab bar to the axle, then pick up the back of the quad so it is not sagging. there should be about 1-1 1/2 inches of sag.

with you sitting on the quad, you want there to be less then 4 inches of sag measured like I said above

and if you are riding MX you want about 7 inches of ride height at the peg and about 7 1/4 -7 1/2 at the rear A-arm mount. with you siting on the quad in riding gear.

its squats around 4 inches or so ill have to check with a tape measure tomorrow just letting the weight of the quad on the rear shock. the little spring compresses all the way with just the quad. seems like it shouldnt compress all the way. fronts squat quite a bit too but the shocks havent been used in a long time so i would think some of the air has escaped out of the chambers.. tj do u really need both of the pumps? the high and low pressure pump or could i get by with just the high pressure? i know the high wont be quite as accurate low pressure pump because it will have more numbers to read.

my pump has both in one. one side has the low pressure the other has the high pressure.
so make sure you get one of the newer pumps

sweet i didnt know that. my shocks are actually the gen 1's with the new decals. i didnt get the pumps when i bought em. i guess the newer style pump will work with the gen 1's?

I dont see why it wouldn't, but I have never tried it. and watch the plastic roost guards on the shocks, the like to crack if they get hit... mine are busted up at the top.