Good Deal, or Pass?

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
I've finally worn my Blaster's chain out. Since Im out of adjustment room, its time to replace it (and the sprockets of course) with something of good quality.

Think this is a deal? Or should I go for something else? I don't want a no-name eBay chain kit which may or may not break at some point

http://m.ebay.com/itm/201015891398?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by a moderator:
DID is a good brand. But the x-ring chain does not have the o-rings

I think o-ring chains are better, maybe dont wear out as fast idk

X-ring chains are supposed to be better than an o-ring chains. I don't notice any difference between the two. Only thing that link doesn't say is the tensile strength of the chain. That's what I pay attention to the most when shopping for a chain.

Ok, looks like I'll research it more. I need a ring'd chain for my type of riding. I don't race all-out, so I'll gladly trade a little extra friction for better chain life. What is the minimum tensile strength chain I should get? My engine is probably pushing 30hp and I ride hard much of the time

Some of the lower tensile strength chains are around 6600. I like to use around 7500 or higher.

i don't run o-ring chains, i've worn them out just as quick as non o-rings, so why waste the money ?
and they rob power.

here's what i run now, only had to adjust it twice all last season, seems to be great quality....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JT-Sprocket...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a33060713

definately bypass the colored, cheap, ebay chains, they claim high tensile....NOT !
i've snapped a few of them, both o-ring and non, one only made it 200 yards from my garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
o'ring and x ring seals not only keep the dirt out...yea right, they keep the lube from getting into the pins. get a non sealed chain, keep it clean and lubed

A properly adjusted and well lubricated good quality non O ring chain will last nearly as long as an X or O ringed chain, and save you cash in the long run.

See, that's why I ask here before ordering! Awk, I like that link, and the price is right. I try to service my chain after every ride anyways, so I think I'll give a non-O ring a try! As long as the quality is good (that one seems to be), I doubt I'll have problems. I have an O-ring chain on my Blaster now and not only is it worn-out, but some of the O rings have fallen off.

I just figured you needed the O rings to keep debris out, but I hadn't thought of the pin-lube issues that causes. Makes sense.

O ring chain must be better. I only had to remove two links to adjust the original chain on the warrior :D
JK, way overdue for new set. Supposedly the pins are lifetime lubed?
Never had a problem before the advent of ringed chains, hhhmm, ya I'm old