engine locked up need some advise

Jan 15, 2019
so it has been a bummer of a day... ive had my blaster running good after a complete ground up rebuild, I ran the blaster today and it stalled. I then tried to kick it and it the kick starter stuck.

so far I have pulled the clutch cover and checked out everything there and it looks like its meshing up like it should, and it all looks good there. So i thought ok no big deal just pull the cylinder and hope the piston is just stuck. so i pulled the jug end and it came off the piston without any trouble. the cylinder walls look like a fresh top end no scratches anywhere and the piston is whole. so no parts to be broken off and droped down into the bottom end. but even with the top end removed i cannot get the crank to budge. the piston is all the way at the bottom.

I also tried rolling it down a hill and starting it in gear but it just locked the rear wheels up and did not break it free.

any thoughts on what may be going on, or something that I could have missed when looking at the gears with the clutch cover off. Ive never took a case apart or done any bottom end work and realy am hoping for a solution that does not require me to split the case.

Im fearing that my best case scenario is to just buy a new motor off ebay since the bottom end rebuild kits are 500 or so dollars.

Using a proper puller remove the flywheel. You might have had a screw back out and jamb things up

So i pulled the flywheel off this morning and 2 bolts that hold the magnets on was broke and the magnet was damaged.

Not sure what would have caused this to happen. I just had it off to install a new woodruff key a little bit ago so maybe it cracked and broke when i reinstalled it.

Thanks for the advice i was about to start pulling the motor off the bike to ship off to rebuild

So i pulled the flywheel off this morning and 2 bolts that hold the magnets on was broke and the magnet was damaged.

Not sure what would have caused this to happen. I just had it off to install a new woodruff key a little bit ago so maybe it cracked and broke when i reinstalled it.

Thanks for the advice i was about to start pulling the motor off the bike to ship off to rebuild

What puller did you use ?
When you go to put it back on, lap the flywheel to the crank.

Reactions: CycleTech
What puller did you use ?
When you go to put it back on, lap the flywheel to the crank.

I used a motion pro puller that was designed for the blaster. I'm not sure what lapping the flywheel is, I just lined up the slot on the flywheel to match up with the woodruff key.

I ordered a new magnet and screws off eBay for the flywheel, and a new top end gasket set. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all back together and running next week

I used a motion pro puller that was designed for the blaster. I'm not sure what lapping the flywheel is, I just lined up the slot on the flywheel to match up with the woodruff key.

I ordered a new magnet and screws off eBay for the flywheel, and a new top end gasket set. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all back together and running next week

Check out the link above, explains what and how