Gas and oil premix experiment

'blanshee'man

Sep 15, 2008
I just wanted to see how long it takes my pre-mix to separate. only testing what i run at the moment. Feel free to test what you run and add it to the thread.
Procedure:
I mixed one gallon of super (93) @ 32:1 with golden spectro sx2. I poured half of the mixture into a clear container for observation. The remaining half is kept in the normal container next to the test container (sorta like a control). Both are left to sit as you would store any gas. i will check both everyday and post pictures of the test 1/2 gallon.

The oil:
downsized_0202001023a.jpg

today, Feb 1st 10:20.
downsized_0202001023.jpg

Good idea bro I will do it the premix I use tomorrow. I use MC-1 Belray

Just watch nobody tries to drink that looks like gatoraid LOL...

sweet man! i hope others do the same!
haha yea i was thinking the same thing, its got DO NOT DRINK written on it now lol.

thas a brilliant idea, rep givin, and i worry about his too, so
everytime my bike has sat for a day or two, i jump on it and rock it back and forth hard, to mix them 2 back together if they did seperate, before starting it

Thanks awk! I always shake too, just to be sure.
Yea the bottle is a V8 bottle, it should be ok, but i got it in a bucket in the off chance it eats through or something.

yea good point but maybe it was only poland spring because its small or something i dont remember but i do recall someone saying something about storing gas in a bottle..ill see if i can get that info again..

This should be quite interesting, It might be easyier if you edit your first post and and the new pictures there - Just might be easyier for when people are viewing the thread.

This should be quite interesting, It might be easyier if you edit your first post and and the new pictures there - Just might be easyier for when people are viewing the thread.

you only have a small window of time to edit your post
anyways good expierement

Great experiment! I've always been curious about this. I do the "crazy shake" if my machines been sitting for more than a few days with gas in the tank. Rep given!