Gas and oil premix experiment

Ok here is day 3 & again nothing...

photoMA27518873-0001.jpg

photoMA27518868-0002.jpg

Lets make a poll.I say it takes 2 months before it seperates.lol Good idea guys,I am curious to see how long it takes.

I agree with dualstroke about the poll and that it will take awhile to seperate if mixed completely.

I was thinking about this and thought to myself that they are bothed petrolium based substances. So if mixed thurolly <(spelt wrong) LOL will they separate? Just a thought, if they both come from the same crued oil, but made to be two differant products, if mixed thurolly would they have a sort of chemical reaction to fuse them together?

You guys get what I am saying.

i got some cheap walmart sh*t i use in the weed wacker and leaf blower ill try out.....ill be getting some klotz supertechniplate here soon ill do that also

I agree with dualstroke about the poll and that it will take awhile to seperate if mixed completely.

I was thinking about this and thought to myself that they are bothed petrolium based substances. So if mixed thurolly <(spelt wrong) LOL will they separate? Just a thought, if they both come from the same crued oil, but made to be two differant products, if mixed thurolly would they have a sort of chemical reaction to fuse them together?

You guys get what I am saying.

ya i get what you mean, the two substances could have bonded together and will stay bonded but im not sure. thats why this test is being conducted! I:I
Thank you to the guys who are participating as well!

I think that if they seperate at all, it is going to take a long time before they do so. As someone already said, they are both petroleum products and should not separate. Now if the oil were water, that'd be a different story. lol

My thoughts on castor oils:
It comes from the castor bean. The oil is actually similar to the vegetable oil you cook with. It's largely made up of fat. Castor oil is not petroleum based. Therefore, at some point, it will seperate. Imagine dropping a large piece of fat into a cup of gas. It's probably going to sink to the bottom. I'm no scientist but it is obvious that the castor oil has a much heavier specific weight than the gas does. Heavier specific weight means it will sink to the bottom of course, causing the separation. Are there any chemists in the house who can rebut?

I'll try to ask one of the chemistry professors at Penn State tomorrow when I'm at school if they can research or tell me about the separation of castor oil and gasoline

I think that if they seperate at all, it is going to take a long time before they do so. As someone already said, they are both petroleum products and should not separate. Now if the oil were water, that'd be a different story. lol

My thoughts on castor oils:
It comes from the castor bean. The oil is actually similar to the vegetable oil you cook with. It's largely made up of fat. Castor oil is not petroleum based. Therefore, at some point, it will seperate. Imagine dropping a large piece of fat into a cup of gas. It's probably going to sink to the bottom. I'm no scientist but it is obvious that the castor oil has a much heavier specific weight than the gas does. Heavier specific weight means it will sink to the bottom of course, causing the separation. Are there any chemists in the house who can rebut?
Makes sense. Thats also why castor oil's will slush up when its colder..

A serious seperation of the two will take a while man. I wouldnt run the gas if it sat for a month. Or atleast detatch your fuel line, open petcock, and drain it into a bottle, shake and re-use if you must. Or stop being cheap pricks and buy some gas/oil! haha

A serious seperation of the two will take a while man. I wouldnt run the gas if it sat for a month. Or atleast detatch your fuel line, open petcock, and drain it into a bottle, shake and re-use if you must. Or stop being cheap pricks and buy some gas/oil! haha

dont be a hater

Who said anything about being cheap or reusing gas? We are just trying to see how long it takes. First off my gas doesnt sit at all I mix enough for a tank full at a time.

Who said anything about being cheap or reusing gas? We are just trying to see how long it takes. First off my gas doesnt sit at all I mix enough for a tank full at a time.

I mix a 5 gallon tank at a time. That lasts me about a week or so usually, so my gas doesnt sit either.