Full rebuild

Holy cap I Def need some heel guards my banshee has nerfs and heel guards but the little blaster dosent
2014-05-29 11.21.57.png

Now I got spark, brought a flywheel ,new cable that disables the tors from the carb and it still won't start up its got 150 compression. Some how maybe when I was trying to pop start it the clutch where the springs and bolts connects to I think but not sure its calked the clutch clutch basket. Now I have to buy a new one. . I feel like there's always something else going wrong.... Don't have the money to buy one and even then its not starting. I even tried to put a little bit if gas in the cylinder and still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't understand why I guess ill check how much its putting out from the flywheel. I didn't have my fatty pipe cuz I got to weld where the spring connects the exhaust but I don't think it was prevent it from starting. Any ideas I'm getting really tired of this its been 4 years sense I been on it. It is one of my prized poessions and yet I can't even ride it

Two things that you are doing wrong.

1. Putting fuel into the cylinder.

2. Typing swear words on BF., be pleased to edit them as it can offend.

Sounds like you need to take a deep breath and evaluate what is going on. You have spark, and compression.

Reeds good?
Woodruff key good?
Carb clean?
FRESH FUEL? (said its been 4 years)

I haven't read this entire thread so give one more quick update on what you've checked/replaced.

I havnt checked reed i pretty sure their good but... Your saying wood rufff key is brand new, i cleaned the carb aleast 4 times soaking it in gas. and spraying brake cleaner. I always used brand new gas and oil..

3rd thing done wrong, soak it in carb cleaner, it sits in fuel all the time.

4th thing, brake cleaner is for cleaning brakes not carbs, a good carb cleaner will have a greater volume of Toluene.

I could add a 5th thing wrong if Larrys suspicions are correct and you are trying to start the engine without attaching an expansion chamber.

If you want to be able to enjoy riding your prized possession, take some time in reading how to do it properly!

Last edited:
Is the plug wet after you try to start it?

I know that a Banshee will start without pipes, albeit not very easily. If you have even a remotely sealed engine and are getting fuel, pouring gas in the engine will only foul a plug. Can you tell us about how your carb is set up? Napa sells carb cleaner for $3.00 IIRC. I get every can they have when it goes on sale for $1.50.

Is the spark bright blue? Also, great spark at the wrong time is effectively useless, so I'm with wife's blaster on this one. Check to see if the key is sheared.

I also agree with Wife's Blaster on you taking a step back. Get back to the basics. CORRECT Spark, fuel, air, compression. Anything that you check or fix is one more thing that you know isn't the problem.