Full rebuild

Blaster fool8

Jan 30, 2012
St.louis
I brought a 1999 Yamaha Blaster for 400$ in 09
Started taking it apart because i started geting a little OCD and Curious :D.
Before the first rebuild

Attachments

• 464430_310118979052526_980747231_o - Copy.jpg
    464430_310118979052526_980747231_o - Copy.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 475447_310119065719184_1697039081_o.jpg
    475447_310119065719184_1697039081_o.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
Repainted everything Black and blue

only thing i brought was a tusk front bumper

I broke my leg in half about 2 inches above my ankle, broke my tibia and fibula in half. Had to get surgery and 6 screws and a Titanium rod place inside my tibia bone. Because i didnt have a Rear heel guards. Which in cost like 80 bucks idk but my medical bills for my leg was 40,000$ so dont make the mistake i did.

Then one day I brought a compression tester and test my compression in my four wheeler and it show 89.
So i had to rebuild the engine, and i figure that id do another full rebuild doing it right and doing it all out.
sc7yqh.jpg

fe3uv4.jpg
2uz5hmc.jpg

Last edited:
lookin good !

i edited your post to include the pics.
here's how to do it from now on.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vi...yone-easiest-way-upload-pictures-thread-5612/

they're a little large above, try resizing them either on photobucket.com or tinypic.com
or before uploading them to there.
but keep them coming as your build progresses :)

I broke my leg in half about 2 inches above my ankle, broke my tibia and fibula in half. Had to get surgery and 6 screws and a Titanium rod place inside my tibia bone. Because i didnt have a Rear heel guards. Which in cost like 80 bucks idk but my medical bills for my leg was 40,000$ so dont make the mistake i did.

/\ same exact thing happened to me, boot laces caught in chain, wrapped my leg around the axle as it broke it and ripped my foot out of socket, i was trapped on the bike and didn't even crash, had to call 911 and got a helicoptor ride :)

\/ look at the heelgaurds on there now ! \/

Sorry i didnt even see you reply and i already went ahead and replyed my next post xD!

it's all good bro, just tryin to help you along, holler if you need any further assistance with posting pics

Looks pretty clean!

Ouch on the leg, maybe i should get some guards.... 8-|

How to post pictures with photobucket in my signature I:I

lookin good !

i edited your post to include the pics.
here's how to do it from now on.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vi...yone-easiest-way-upload-pictures-thread-5612/

they're a little large above, try resizing them either on photobucket.com or tinypic.com
or before uploading them to there.
but keep them coming as your build progresses :)

/\ same exact thing happened to me, boot laces caught in chain, wrapped my leg around the axle as it broke it and ripped my foot out of socket, i was trapped on the bike and didn't even crash, had to call 911 and got a helicoptor ride :)

\/ look at the heelgaurds on there now ! \/

I didnt really know what happen all i remember was i was like oh my leg is stuck, then im trying to get it out and all the sudden i look ahead and i see a jump or hill, and im like oh crap... flipped over it happened so fast. Do you know the basketball player who broke his leg in half, Thats what my look like and it would flap back and forth. Worse pain in my life, i was screaming and cussing as the truck hit bumps going down the highway trying to get me to the nearest hospital sense i was 2 hours from the hospital i usually go to. I was in a wheel chair for 1month and on crutches for 2-3 months. I had pictures of the x rays but i cant find them... :( Funny thing is the next week after i broke it, my dad said he couldnt get my fourwheeler to start. with one leg i started it with 2 tries.. During the ride to the hospital My dad was like i hope its out of its socket and im said dad that much higher up from my ankle, Its flat out broken. nuff said :D
so the moral of story DONT RIDE WITHOUT HEEL GUARDS

So i started buying Parts oh glory it was like Christmas coming! :D
brought Tusk Adjustable Axle
Raptor 700 Rear heel guards
Bored .60 over
Ported and polished exhaust and intake my self Thanks to Ken O, ConnorI:II:II:I
Polished Head
Brought Vitos +3mm long rod stuffer crank
Carb Spacer.
2s68v2a.jpg

zl2eky.jpg

mrcxhl.jpg

eip6za.jpg

Reactions: Awk08
thats lookin real good now, I like the color combo !!!!

and the pics are resized ok now too :)
have some reps for the build skills and sharing with us all

Pictures of the engine after 2 years of being apart in peices Finally put back together Thanks again by ken O connor hes a a saint I:I, i just assembled the cases together and assembled the cylinder, piston, But its not finished, i just brought the rest of the parts and brought a new 7deg Adjustable stator from ebay and rockymountain

30rnurk.jpg

Nice looking Blaster. Glad you doing ok now. Is your rebuild done now, or are you still doing it?

The parts to get it ready to be put into my frame are coming on Tuesday, which i have off on work. :D
I will probably start crying in joy once i get it started 8-|
Im glad i had to buy 1700$ in matco tools for my import automotive class at Ranken It comes in handy

Last edited:
congratz on the rebuild man looks great...i broke my shoulder once too but not on my atv lol sh*t sucks.. are you okaay now?

congratz on the rebuild man looks great...i broke my shoulder once too but not on my atv lol sh*t sucks.. are you okaay now?

Its been about 2 years sense i broke it.. I still cannot feel the left side of my leg. every so often when the weather change (missouri weather >.<) My rod in my leg will expand and contract. It will probably will haunt me for the rest of my life but Who cares :D Im just blessed it not as bad as my older brother who was hit by an IED in Afghanistan and is about to have the same leg as me taken off after hes gets married next year :(

HTML:
Im just blessed it not as bad as my older brother who was hit by an IED in Afghanistan and is about to have the same leg as me taken off after hes gets married next year

He is still here, Thats what counts. Thank him for defending our Country for me please. I had a friend that didn't make it from an IED in Iraq. Its Sad what our soliders go through.

Your Rebuild is Looking great. Love the colors and the Rappy Heel Guards. Hopefully you'll be ripping it after a good break in!

Fred

have you figured out about the L shaped brackets needed to connect the heels to the frame mounts ?

2dt2gar.jpg

i've found the other side holds up better to the downward force of the kicker by going to the higher fender mount on the frame versus sideways to the stock heel mount.
and 3/4"w x 3/16" steel is the way to go, aluminum didn't hold up very long.