Fuel Stabilizer question??

RockWarrior671

Jul 4, 2012
Was up fella's, got another question LOL, I leave next week on deployment and was wondering when I drain my gas tank in my Blaster to my gas can, can I use any type of Fuel stabilizer in my gas can with premix in my gas container? I will be gone roughly 3 months, my oil I use is Maxima Formula K2with Premium gas ratio 32:1. If so what type of Fuel stabilizer is recommended for premix if any? Thanks guysI:I

Honestly, don't keep the gas that long. Put it in another vehicle, burn it (the premix oil won't hurt a 4-stroke engine), and buy some fresh when you get back. There is no fuel stabilizer out there that will work 100%.

Ethanol in today's fuel blends will attract water from the atmosphere, and it causes phase separation in the gasoline over time. Even if you can get the gasoline to stay "together" on a molecular level, it will get contaminated by water if left to sit that long in a container where even some air can get in.

Trust me, I deal with bad gas all the time at work. The only product out there that works and I'd recommend is Star-Tron (in a blue bottle), but even it is marketed more as a "fuel treatment" than a "fuel stabilizer".

Get rid of the gas and buy fresh when you get back. That's the only way you can be sure that the carburetor doesn't gum up or that you don't blow up your engine from detonation caused by low-octane dead gas.

New product on the market. My company is a distributor in Florida. It is called "mechanic in a bottle"
We have done extensive testing and it is the only stabilizer/ethanol treatment that actually works. Check out their website
Mechanic In a Bottle | Products |B3C Fuel Solutions
I can tell yo uwe also distribute star tron and sea foam and this stuff will make water burn. It stabilizes fuel up to 2 yrs and when ran through a system it leaves a synthetic conditioner behind made for plastic and rubber. It also neutralizes any chemical reaction that causes corrosion. Sorry for the long post I have just spent literally years selling and testing the next best "snake oil" and I put my word on it how good this stuff is and it comes with a money back guarantee.

Hard to believe, but some before and after pics may convince me.

I fail to see how water can be removed from fuel by an additive.

The way I read the screed is that if I have a non running motor and I dump some of it in the tank the motor will start.

Or do I read it wrong "Fix poor or non-running engines with Mechanic In A Bottle."

I have seen many engine both 2 & 4 stroke in mowers and handheld equipment run very bad, surge sputter etc and once this was added with fresh fuel and allowed to run into the carb and motor get warm it either started running better by the minute or after setting a few hours started and ran perfect.
As with anything some carbs will be too far gone.
As for water, it will encapsulate the water down to the molecular level and allow it to burn through a fuel system.
In my testing we actually take a small glass jar and add a few ounces of this stuff and then drop in about 5mL of water and unlike every other product out there that allows the water to drop to the bottom it makes the water disappear.
Then I pour a little out on the bottom of a Pepsi can and the carbon ink on bottom of the can just dissolves. I then light it on fire with a pen torch and allow it to burn completely away. It burns slowly and smoothly and when it's gone it leaves a silky smooth conditioner behind.
I have personal experience with it and it works. It is the best thing out there. We have tested it against stabil marine, sea foam, star tron and it was absolutely the only one that actually does protect against ethanol/water intrusion. Ethanol attracts humidity which causes water to form in the fuel and end up in the carb which then varnishes and corrodes the carb.
Sorry for the long winded explanation but it may help someone. I use it in all my generators and my pressure washer as well as my toy hauler generator tank.